Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Mega Smile for the Mega Plex


I hate to miss a day of blogging but I did yesterday. Have no excuse really except the day got away from me and I could blame electronic media but I will not the point where is , I weakened I elected to watch TV last night or electronic media instead of writing. Actually I was going to write, but I forgot. I should've written in the morning but I elected not to and by the time came around for my meeting at DRAC I was out the door and didn't come back till 4:30 PM and home health person that have a schedule to meet. Still I hate to miss a day of writing.

I never mentioned that I want a pair tickets from my oral surgeon/dentist couple weeks ago. This was a pleasant surprise to say the least. And I know it most likely is a gimmick but still I'd never got a set of tickets from Drew Luke in all the years that we went to him. I mean have dropped more than $1000 at this new dentist of mine but it feels like I emerged a winner from the laughing gas and the drill. I was pleasantly surprised that even the staff was excited that I had won. None of them really knew why I had won. There finally was a collective agreement that I had when the tickets because I had entered a remark or statement on the good doctors Facebook page, or twitter or whatever social media he is into. I honestly do not remember making such remarks but something happened or maybe they just think I'm cute which very well could be as well.

The offered me a number of different items. They actually had a box of treats to choose from everything from big blocks of candy, the big Hershey's candy bars with almonds (which I thought was a little ironic) there are some physical oriented items as well like passes to a skating place, ice-skating passes, maybe even a ski pass although very minimal. These of course I passed on for the obvious reasons now is not going to use something this valuable as potential gift options. I grabbed the tickets when they were offered. I figured I can always use tickets to movies. I figured that even though the tickets were not for my local theater they should be reachable by bus.

Not to sit and stare at the proverbial gift horses mouth but the tickets are kind of weird.Oh,the theaters are real theaters showing real movies that our first run movies but the movies are just kind of weird. The movies are remote, out-of-the-way places but they are serviced by public transit so no problem there. The theaters are as magnificent as any of the others along the Wasatch front just kind of strange that my doctor would choose these theaters above the others. I just expected he would had one of his employees run out and pick up these tickets on their lunch break sense my little community theater here in Taylorsville just a block or two away. But these tickets are just out-of-the-way/almost elitist tickets. I got two tickets and I'm semi-excited. I'm not watching the movies very closely, there are couple out I wouldn't mind going to. I also not waiting for the holiday blockbusters. Just nice to have a set of tickets and the think that they were a gift/winnings.


My next visit and hopefully but last for some time will be day after tomorrow. I'm getting the crown set on my tooth puts the good doctor saved so heroically a couple weeks ago. I'm sure I'm going to have to pay something like $320 for this final visit. I will be glad to have this behind me. And still a stupid as it might be I feel I cannot like a bandit holding my two tickets by the sparkling new smile thanks to Dr. A period

No comments: