Thursday, October 05, 2017

Done… Sort of

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

I'm in the afterglow. That's that time after you leave the dentist's office while your mouth is still loaded with novocaine or whatever analgesic they're using these days. I'm soon to be in that. When I realize just how much work the dentist did fall under needle after needle painkiller. To say nothing of untold gallons of nitric oxide the old laughing gas.I was kind surprised at the length o this appointment. After last week's four-hour marathon I thought for sure it would be just a matter of in and out maybe an hour or two at the most. I must acknowledge that a great deal of the time was taken up with teeth cleaning by the hygienist. This was pretty arduous. I didn't realize I had the yet option for project oxide for this event. I survived pretty well I was even more impressed at how non-judgmental “Tammy” was regarding the status of my oral regions. She did give me a pile of toothbrushes other kind of brushes, dental floss and a weird kind of rush that goes between your teeth to push out food in cracks that was subtle. She also gave me heavy suggestions that I need to be using a high-electric toothbrush especially for my gums.

I was surprised at how well I did this morning getting dressed with my bogus wheelchair. Luckily my brother was over last night and did some last minute Hail Marys on the foot pedal which kept it in place while I made my way across the street to my new dentist's place. I'm really liking this guy even though he seems expensive and they have this process of showing up just as you're leaving quasi-demanding you pay for the days event. I'm so loaded with nitric oxide this point, and worn out from focus drilling and grinding that yeah I just want to get out pay what I have to. It all seems worth it at the moment and it is don't get me wrong I like this guy.. 8 o'clock everyone's chipper to bring me in the office of the dental suite and actually there is a another guy there this morning a youngish friend of the dentist who helped with the transfer… Meaning they manhandled me like a sack of spots and through me in the dental chair.. However, I was expecting Dr. A to get right to workbut to turn me over to the hygienist, an aging Arian beauty went to work on my oral cavity and did so for at least an hour. She was great. She did everything with one set of gloves and no face protection at all – – except for the mask of course she didn't want see me smiling while she did her work. I could tell the her eyes were delighted. She even numbed me up for the Doc when she was done.

Keep in mind that all through this event, the office is saturated with late 60s early 70s music which really is kind of nice for us old guys. At first I think it's the Beatles real but then I notices the Doobie Brothers,Billy Joel and the host of others I can't place as the nitric oxide does its work I'm just happy to hear what's going on the banter going on between Dr. A and his staff. I marvel at how many concert these people go to. I'm so relieved and blessed that there was no mention (during the concert discussions) of the horrible events in Florida. I like this office reminds me of Stephen King novel without the Gore and horror. Just the late 60s 70s guy space doing his work and get by, blown off professional seminars that is registered for that dumps at the last moment to go to his property in the mountains to unwind for his regular three-day weekend. This guys got it made. This guys cool.


He comes in shoots me up more which I should realize means I'm going to be under some major dental focus for the next bunch of minutes… And I am. However I sail through.. Dr. A's proud of me, I'm proud of me and I think the staff is semi-proud of me but just marvel at me for just being there that early in the morning after a lifetime of poor dental hygiene. I'm done – – well sort of kind of I go back in a week or two weeks when will put the permanent crown on. We should be done for a couple weeks after that so excited. I just wonder how much more unload from me next week. This week was a major sucker punch thank God for plastic.

No comments: