Thursday, October 12, 2017

Not There Yet


There are a number of myths that continue to haunt meas I sojourn through this world. When I was working at the Independent living center every tax season everybody on staff, who like me, were people with disabilities in working pretty closely to a regular, real-life job mean we got fairly decent salaries for what we did. But every year tax time when I filled out my taxes there was one piece of the document that everybody else filed (and they got it on the returns) but I did not. I wish I could remember exactly what tax deduction was all I can remember was the deduction had something to do with being disabled in the household income as I read the deduction it pretty much said that if you are working in the real occupation with real pay and benefits you could not use this deduction – – though everybody did. This used to drive me crazy.

Since I no longer work is no need for me to take the deduction but recently I felt the same stress from a little guy who works at this facility as a nurse practitioner/doctor.His name's Kyle, I talked about a few days ago in the flu shot post remember? Anyway, my first met Kyle he was actually visiting one of my neighbors providing some medical assistance there and my neighbors knew I been talking about going out to the doctors or whatever and thought it be great to have Kyle stop bywhich he did. And this feeling to do good by many people kind of warms my heart but the same kind gets quite old and somewhat irritating. These do-gooder people always look at me and asks me why I don't have home health coming into my apartment and doing services for me here. It's always takes me up short because they make it sound like a fool because I'm not doing and truth be told I have been subjected to these do-gooder suggestions for years. So long ago for a while I forgot the reason I wasn't using Medicare home health services. Even Ann the social worker here atThe complex even was pushing me to consider using the on-site medical fix. I decided this go around I'm going to go utilizing on-site medical services. This agency well even send catheters . I had a depth conversation with my current catheter provider to told me that yes home health would do that and it wouldn't bother them one where the other and for me nothing would change except where I got my catheters from. Getting catheters from this agency would come to simplify the process for me.

So the other day when I was so ill and I had a nurse from his agency come out and take a urine sample, blood pressure and stuff like that. He showed up a few days later indicating I have a raging infection and wrote me a script which I got filled it was slick that worked great. Then I remembered I don't know what brought it to my mind but there was the clause “user must be homebound”. Those with a killer words I was anything but a homebound. I told this to Kyle and he just sort of short the law saying that's not exactly what they mean… You are homebound. I could tell Kyle really believed this. But I remember the clause now. You had to be homebound I could not take advantage of these great services because I'm not homebound. Once again though, Kyle had me almost convinced except for the clutter in the back of my mind going over and over and over again that I was not eligible. Kyle next wanted me to hook up with in-home physical therapy which I was the real big fan of when I had to go through it after the stenosis events but if having in-home physical therapy would make Kyle happy what the hell make the boy happy? In order to do this I have to speak with a nurse of the program who sets up an interview with a nurse and finishes the process… The whole medical model. So, a passive aggressive a couple of days when this nurse kept calling but finally this morning called back and spoke with Tracy the nurse on the phone would be the nursing your home.


No sooner than I had nurse Tracy on the line I asked her the question about my mobility and immediately there was silence on the other end of the phone and immediately she is agreeing with me that indeed I was to mobile to be homebound… I was not homebound. I explained to her would've been going on and she clucked her tongue and said you know I'm going to have to visit with Kyle. Now I don't know what would happen to me if I had not said anything and gone ahead and start massing always home services I was not eligible for. I'm sure I would certainly get some sort of penalty attached to me which I don't need and do not want. I would love to have all the services provided to me via Medicare are some other secondary party payer that's just not going to happen not now anyway.

No comments: