Saturday, October 14, 2017

She Ain't No Honey


The saga of trying to replace Honey continues. For the past two weeks I have been plagued with young home healthcare “professionals” because Honey either quit or was fired I still have not heard the entire story. I've gotten the impression they are sending out people who ever they can get their hands on to meet my needs. One seems to be this girl named Soda – – which of course is not her real name – – Soda seems not to really want to be much of a CNA. In the course of three days Soda has been significantly late. Each time she says the traffic was out of control. I will buy that once but for each of those times I'm big getting to seriously doubt Sodas desire to be a CNA and specifically my CNA. She does great work, I think when she is here. Actually, she doesn't do great work she tends to my needs and gets my toileting and showering done but then there's all kinds of leftover things that need to be done that Honey always did. There's been another CNA named Angie was actually front desk CNA coordinator for the organization. She is six months pregnant but did a great job as far as working with me and getting my toileting and showersand showers completed in a timely manner. I distance myself from Angie just because she's a short timer.. She can have her baby then be off forsix weeks at least. I need to have somebody on a regular basis way before then.

Yesterday, Soda was supposed to be hereat 1:30 PM. This was way early but I figured what the heck is she's up to it I'd be up to it get my stuff down and out of the way and maybe go to a movie in evening or late afternoon. The girl never showed up I kept calling the office and leaving messages but as getting the impression something major was happening or seem to be. Bear in mind, I'm sitting naked in my apartment thinking this person is good show up any minute now and get on with it she never did finally I think around 6:30 PM the office person Kathy calls or I call her I don't remember whichlet me know that no one will be showing up today. I figured this out by then I think I still thought maybe Kathy would come by somebody to do the job but no one is coming by which I guess was okay I could just really used an enema yesterday. Kathy said she would do the job and come out this morning. I was so frustrated and semi-depressed at that point in time I said yes sure not quite believing that she would make a showing. I had only spoken with Kathy over the phone. She seemed one of the only focused people at that agency, especially right now.


8 AM that's when she was to be at my apartment.. I've gotten up around seven make coffee piddling around picking up a little bit. If I got the call she needed the code for the door soon she was here. I was somewhat shocked she was is a 60-ish slightly plump each worker. She's definitely been around the block once or twice which is okay. I would rather have some of the older who knows what they're doing the starry eyed young CNA or CNA want to be. We did it. We got the battery back in the lift got me sling.ssuppository did on to the toilet and job done and then did a quick shower and that was it. I hope she considers doing the job on Monday. She's no-nonsense and pragmatic and works to get the job done that's all I can ask. Kathy is no Honey but I guess there can never be another Honey and we all make do with what we can.

No comments: