Sunday, July 22, 2018

Destroying The Math









 trying really hard not to have another bitch and moan session about how destructive it had to be, but as far to ignore evidence that I live with a daily basis. Sometimes someone just has to accept who they are and what they do and it's time for me. Actually, according at this soliloquy. I guess it's time to move on. But before I go one more did into the self abuse pond.

I haven't done the research and the blog but I'm pretty sure I wrote about how my occupational therapists came over and retrofitted the drawer in my kitchen – – my one and only drawer – – his heavy duty mounts. I came up with the brilliant idea that this drawer can be pulled out then with a flat piece of what stretched across the drawer the drawer then ccould function as a workspace. I still believe the concept is a great idea. My brother fashioned a peaceful and to stretch across the drawer and as I said Casey my on special therapist but on heavy-duty mounts. I've been using this piece of equipment/furniture for the past couple of months and I've loved it. I can pull things out the refrigeratorAs well as use the space to place things on before I put them in the fridge. It's worked really well until yesterday when I came home from the food bank with my treasures.

The food bank has a process. Not counting waiting in line to get into the food bank every Saturday, once the doorbell rings and you are allowed in to the food bank the future and stamped and you get voted up with “dry” supplies. Canned goods, macaroni, spaghetti, some baked goods cereals, breakfast cereals then after you finish their you exit the front door and go around the back the building to where you get the”fresh” produce . Fresh produce can consist of any number of sound combinations, but as cherries, cherry tomatoes squash (in season) and usually desert items cakes, boxes of cookies and what other sweets did not fly off the store shelves in the “best used by (fill in date)”Time.

Today the treasure was corn on the cob. Today food bank have boxes and boxes of corn on the cob I chose four ears of corn. I love corn on the cob and wanted to cook this corn away my ex-Dianne taught me with the microwave. I was kind of excited. Anyway, I was prepping an ear of corn for the microwave. At any think about what I was doing, and now that I think about it it really should not been an issue, but I thought it would be a good idea to chop off and of the ear of corn before I microwaved. The previous piece of corn was almost too hot to handle specially trying to get the corn hair off.. I took one of my larger butcher knives and whacked the end corn. I don't think I really get the drawer that hard but immediately drawer dropped about 3 inches on the right hand side. Unbelievable. Right then and there I stopped what I was doing and texted my brother, Carl always saved my butt on things like this. I took an image to send the text. These coming over on Monday to see if or how it can be fixed. However, this morning I was doing something for breakfast getting ready for some sort of meal preparation and must've bumped the drawer more than anticipated because the whole thing fell to the ground.

I think the heavy-duty runners the drawer was mounted on are toast. I have not tried to move the drawer since my brother is coming tomorrow. I will leave it for you. The more I've rolled past the destruction of caused the more I realize you know maybe I don't even need a drawer there since I hardly use it as a drawer but as a work surface. With the drawer gone I could get right under the marble countertop and use it as a service making getting under a lot more convenient and safe. I just have to figure out someplace else to put the items in the drawer.

So maybe this time Mr. Destructo was not Such a bad after all.

No comments: