Sunday, July 29, 2018

"Hi" You Don't Know Me But....


Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing, people sitting and outdoor

I am fairly sure, I've decided I'm going to make contact with this mysterious family but seems to have found me through no efforts of my own – – that is unless you count Shelley, my daughter lives in Oregon and got the whole ball rolling a number of months ago when she did Ancestry.com. I've written about the process what happened so many going to that further here do your research.

I was contacted by I guess a new sister in law, Carla. This is really awkward to write. Not that it really matters but the sister-in-law is the one who reached out and really made contact with me. I'm kind of getting visions of the wife who gets all involved in her husband's business – – not a bad way but in the way of someone who takes care of that individual on all levels. I am guessing that “sister Carla” is the prime mover for any family functions. I noticed a couple days ago a “friend request” popped up on my Facebook page and it was from Carla. I I should have not been surprised this “Friendship”request was coming. But when the request popped up on my screen, I stopped dead in my tracks. I did not back away from the computer but I sure as hell felt like it. I don't really remember but I'm sure I uttered an (expletive deleted)Statement and just wondered what might really do now?! I must admit I'm a little embarrassed that I think I closed on my screen when off-line for the rest of the night. Then I decided, “what the heck” took a deep breath and hit “accept” on the screen.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting. However I almost immediately realized when you accept a friendship you get access to that individuals page… All of it. So I decided to check out the photos. I don't know if she is what is termed “local culture” i.e. Mormon but she certainly looked the part as did her family and what extended family was pictured. I of course was more interested in her husband my “brother” and I don't even know if I need to put the quotes in anymore. Still for the time being I am using the quotes as of protection – – stupid I know. This is the person that my daughter saw and recognized immediately. I don't see the resemblance except He has a bald head. He also has body type that I feel would be similar to what I have had I not become disabled. I guess is my older brother by just a couple of years. So he would be in his 70s similar to my adopted brothers. (This is so weird and I already am experiencing confusion.) There is also some images posted of other “family members” that have been found by my Sister-in-law. Hopefully, my readers will remember that what has been found Is that my birth mother had quite a habit of dropping kids all over the Northwest. There could be as many as 10 or 11 of us if not more. Interestingly, a couple of family members live in Utah. The closest being my sister-in-law Carla and her husband (my brother) Antonio. That part of the mythology is true there seems to be a very strong Native American/Hispanic lineage going on which is good to finally know. These guys live about an hour south of where I do. I guess the balls my court will have to set up a meeting. I of course will try to meet them halfway at least that they do that on the train. That would be the coolest thing to do. I suppose I could have them come all the way to Salt Lake. But sometimes a trip to Utah County is an adventure worth taking.



1 comment:

Catsngrams said...

I hope I have not over whelmed you. Just wanted to let you know that we are here and we have had such wonderful experiences getting to know all the kids we have located. You are a brave person and one that I am impressed with.
Carla