Friday, July 20, 2018

Sadie



I'm tired tonight and I really haven't done that much except I got up or rather I first woke around 3:00 AM. I knew I had trouble sleeping because my staff was not coming this morning. I'm going to have to deal with substitute.

Dana is my staff, I know I have written about her in previous postings. Dana took over being my staff when my redhead, Sunny got her cute but dumb ass five because she thought the agency could not get along without her and she demanded her weekend's and who knows what else. I had grown quite Dependent on Sunny. I figured the day was coming I mean really it's not like you really have control ofyour staff when you rent them from an agency—Hell, even if I was doing total private hire there's nothing to say that my staff might up and quit Someday. But I don't people will have staff privately and have kept them all the steps life or all the person's life is worked out beautiful like a marriage.

I think Dana even told me a couple weeks ago that she was going on vacation this week but nothing was said after that, nothing until Wednesday when Dana told me she didn't know what the agency would provide for her cover while She would be gone on Friday. At one time, so totally freaked me out but it did not. I felt comfortable that Joe, the owner of Home Health Solutions would have recovered. I forgot the last time something like this happened in the trauma that followed. I don't remember if I was with Sunny or with Dana when she did something like this (A vacation our finals or something like that). That's when I first met Sadie. Sadie is the second staff I essentially fired. I actually like Sadie or wanted to. She was just too young at least that's my diagnosis. I think I may have had her for a week, she was always late or she didn't show it all. When she was there Sadie's mind never was. She was always on her cell, phone not at all focused on her job: me! I don't think she had any idea at all about how poor a assistant she was. It was then I found out that Sadie was actually Angie's cousin Angie was the front desk person, receptionist as well as assignment clerk or whatever or whoever assigns jobs to various staff.

So in efforts to be proactive yesterday morning, Thursday I called Home Health make sure that I had coverage for this morning. First I found out that management thought that Dana was going to do me this morning after all and I knew that was not going to happen. When I assured them Data was gone and that I needed coverage. Even at this point I was talking with Angie (not Joel, the owner of the outfit). I told Angie do not assign me Sadie under any circumstances. To be honest I kind of forgot about Angie. I had forgotten that Angie was related to Sadie. Late last night I had a call on my cell it was Angie letting me know that Sadie would be in around 6 AM. I balked , I reminded Angie that I would not consider Sadie. That was for Angie reminded me of your cousins and drilled hole that there was no one else available for coverage. I still think that ought to be honest with you and there was a long silence as I pondered my next decision. I wish I had a backup plan. I thought about trying to wait until Monday but I do not want to do that way too long between bowel movements. So I said yes I will Try one time. I figured but I have to lose? I don't have anywhere to go so even if she doesn't come at the time specified still be around.

So I fretted all afternoon about dealing with Sadie. I would get mildly stressed enjoy my shoulders and say everything's going to be all right and I would get by. And you know what? Everything was fine. Sadie was 15 minutes late, she called because she couldn't get in locked doors (you have the combination for the lock on the door its electronic). It was actually nice to see Sadie again. She was really nice I was surprised after I had spoken with Joe. Either Sadie had not heard of my disparaging remarks about her or just flat out didn't care say he was just great. Still Sadie is not a bit like Dana. Sadie just leans against the wall until I dismiss her Then she just goes sits on the bed and plays with your cell phone until I call her.

But we did it! We got to the morning ritual. In my opinion she made some major mistakes but Dana promised to be back on Monday. Actually, if I had the patience I could possibly train Sadie to be just right but who's got patience

No comments: