Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Stop Me If You Have Heard This




2658 that the amount of articles I published on my blog. The numbers even higher if one counts the posts that never made it to the blog itself for one reason or another. Usually, an idea just petered out and never came to fruition. However, it seems that once you save the document it stays around. I guess if I really want to expend the sweat and time I can probably figure out how to get rid of the failed post. But what's the point? The number I have listed 2658 are the number of posts as of last night. With this post number will be one more.

I just finished doing a quick search of a number of different topics I was considering to write on tonight because believe it or not I don't want this blog to repeat itself. I am making a concentrated effort not to wear out a subject. I've come close a number of times and maybe have repeated myself to some extent but I'm careful or I'm trying to be. I was going to write about the motorcycle I was riding the day my accident, 52 years ago day before yesterday. Was going to write about how as a teenager I was so insecure that for people did not know, and there were many, I would tell them I had my accident on a Triumph 300. I was too ashamed to let people know that I twisted on my brothers little Yamaha 80, high tank. My motorcycle or actually motorbike, a hand-me-down from the same brother. My motorcycle was a little 55 Yamaha step through. My brother was out of the state that summer and I figured everything my brother owned was fair game. For some reason Triumph just seemed so much more exotic.Maybe someday I'll write a post about my love for Triumph motorcycles.

I think it pretty hilarious that I even worry about repeating myself for fear that someone is going to see that I have. Perhaps I'm afraid that I'm becoming senile. I fear becoming one of those old who tell the same story over and over and not even realize they're doing so until some smart aleck grandkid makes a point of letting everyone know. I'm just glad I do not booz it up space because I know I would be one of those. As I was researching different articles to consider I thought about writing the same post from different angles. One of my favorite songs of that summer was the Beatles Paperback Writer and was fascinated when I came across the page of multiple covers of the song. Each song conveyed a completely different feeling, at least to me about this piece of music and how I felt about myself as a 15-year-old “ tough motorcycle rider”. I was really fascinated when one of the pages which were returned was the actual radio music chart for the accident my accident.I tried to copy the actual page from the radio music chart that it was a no go… The best and then immediately do is provide a hotlink over to the page. Check it out to be glad you did. https://tunecaster.com/charts/60/week6629.html

No comments: