Tuesday, July 31, 2018

What To Do Now?



I really did have great hopes for this day and it was a pretty great day all things considered but the way it ended much less than what I anticipated. I was pretty excited when the day started. I think I was so excited I couldn't sleep well. I woke up at 4:15 AM and really did not get back to sleep. I was having lunch today with an old friend of my, a person I work fairly close with during my career as a transit coordinator will wind up in the learning Center. She was the Americans With Disabilities Act ADA person for the local transit authority. She's been retired now for maybe a year to and we never got together actually until today. For a short time earlier this year she began showing up for the DRAC meeting. It was good to see her at these meetings I did not feel so alone – – Sherry, her name is Sherry, Thought a lot like me. However when things started getting bizarre at the DRAC program particularly the recent ADA anniversary event Sherry dropped out. However, Sherry was still interested and have the event and my feelings. We decided to have lunch to discuss this. I chose the restaurant/bakery I had lunch with last week with my 211 peeps.gourmandies.

We have scheduled to meet at 12:30 PM. I got there early, so you have to not to kill I went across the street to the state wine store. I've been looking for a box of wine but when asked the state work looked at me and said “oh, you would want to go to the regularly store for that, we just handle high-end wines here. And to what extent of the greatest of headed over to the bakery. At one point leaving the wine store I drove on the sidewalk and onto the grass. I was quite shocked when also my power chair jolted and I must have drove into a ditch small ditch on the side of the sidewalk covered with grass. It took me a while to drive back on the sidewalk but was able to do so I didn't pay any more attention. I met Sherry we had a great lunch and visited for hours. When it was time to go my power chair began to act strangely. The left drive wheel was somehow lifted up and could barely touch the ground coffee me to sort of go in circles. I couldn't go forward I would not be able to go home!

The days are hot and the is no different. Sherry worked with me as much as she could trying to figure out what was wrong with my chair and what we can do to get it fixed. I called the shop, wheelchair shop and they were essentially worthless. They said that they could certainly my chair out once I got home that was the problem how to get home? Luckily, Sherry still have friends at the transit authority and they sent out an accessible short van to pick me up and drove me all the way home. As you longtime readers know I have a backup chair just for situations like this. I was hoping RafaelCould help me transfer into my backup chair. We were not able to accomplish this and I really felt that Rafael needed get back to work . Rafael, Who was a supervisor, and only cannot save me because it shares history with the authority. Nobody else would they have done something like this for truly saved my bacon. I called my brother, my good old or brotherWho dropped everything and came out and rescued me once again..

I have a love-hate relationship with this chair is too big for me is very uncomfortable. I hope they fix like chair one day. I don't know how long I could stand this chair I have to spend any amount of time in the chair. I would have to cancel bookclub on Thursday they can't get it fixed tomorrow. I suspicion that something happened when I ran on the sidewalk into that whole. I jammed the wheel or something or maybe broke something on the motor. It's already been costly in time. Let's just hope we can get it done by tomorrow evening.

No comments: