Friday, July 13, 2018

Looking Good




I think I'm much more of a shy guy that I give myself credit for. I see myself as gregarious outgoing than just a friendly guy as the late great psychologist John Phillips once said of me, “He's just a downright friendly fellow”. But you know I don't think that I really am. I'm kind of jerk, this is been affirmed by at least three wives. I wish that I was not and I actively try not to be a jerk but I consistently lose that battle.

This is a very busy week for me. It seemed that I was on the train or the buses every day of the week with meetings, collecting bus passes and shopping I seemed to be on the go constantly. The week is hot, I'm not complaining, y'all know how much I love the heat but still the week was hot. Being out in the, however enjoyable, can still make one a bit irritable. I sensed this irritability on a number of folks with disabilities I came across over the periodOf this week. One woman in a wheelchair (I wish so much I got an image of her but I did not) she was overweight, crammed into a manual wheelchair which I doubt that she really needed and had a scowl on her face that quite frankly scared the heck out of me. She had one of those weird habits of talking about you but not to your face. When I got on the train the driver asked which stop I needed and I just said 5200 S. and miss sourpuss in a barely audible voice said something like “what a dumb ass everyone knows it's 5400 S.” the driver understood where I needed that's all I cared about. I chose not to engage in enjoyable trip I could until Miss Scowlly Face exited the train.

Yesterday morning after Thursday coffee I called about my bus pass and yes they had found the must pass and it was down at the loss and found at the Salt Lake hub. I wrote about this yesterday. The only training goes directly to this facility is the blueline – – the blueline uses the older cars which are accessed by wheelchair using the switchback ramps. I don't hate the blueline cars but you have to rely the driver to put the bridge down so you can drive on to the train. There is a whole lot of space at the top of the switchback ramps and is no protection from rolling off the ramp. I got off the train and headed for the blueline switchback ramp. I noticed there was another power chair trundling its way over. Great I thought. I got to the train first and got myself squared away on the ramp where I was comfortably safe and in the shade the overhang. The other wheelchair guy chose to set on the ramp itself and wait for the train. Fine by me. I have to admit I was very impressed with this guy and how he was dressed. He looked like I wish that I did. This gimp looked actually damper – – I was totally jealous. No matter what I do I just don't look good in clothes. Not that this is an excuse to be nude but certainly is a good argument as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't help it looks so good I pretended I was taking selfies so I could get one or two good images. The guy was stoic he said a few words to the driver as we boarded but that was about it. The road to train with me and actually got off at the same stop but I did in downtown Salt Lake where he went after have no idea but I sure looked good.

No comments: