Saturday, July 21, 2018

I Can Do This




Midsummer Saturday night, the end of another very warm day. The wind came up an hour ago Nice blustery gale which gave promise of rain but very little delivery. There is that great smell of water evaporating hot concrete but that's about all. I took a plastic bag full of watermelon rinds out to the dumpster and the clouds looked fantastic. I may go out and sit know when when I'm finished here. I like to see if any lightning occurs. That would make a splendid Saturday night finale.

For Saturday I have been quite industrious. Washed clothes, hit the food bank, Defrosted chicken and got out on its and then grilled in the middle of the day. I was really hoping there would be overcast skies as predicted. There were clouds but not organized enough to make a sunblock. The barbecue was hot but I enjoyed the and made enough protein to keep me next week. Oh I also scanned watermelon. I'm getting quite good at that. I can't most of the watermelon from the rind and put in plastic containers For the fridge. The kitchen once again is a right mess which means I need to focus on that for a half a day or so, maybe tomorrow but no promises. Of course, I destroyed my workstation: in drawer I had reinforced with a cutting top. I put too much weight on the top preparing some corn on the cob that it was too much for the poor drawer. I called my brother and his stop by next week to see what it'll take to repair. I cannot believe I did that.

As I said the place is a mess way too much entropy going to have to call my cleaning person. I need to wait however tell I get closer to the end of the month. I'm worried about the drain the extra hundred bucks will put on my bank account. I keep telling myself I'm doing okay. I think I'm still suffering from the financial outlay for the van registration for the reunion. I think it may take a couple months to bounce back. That is of course if I have no other issues that will demand financial attention. I have not been this nervous regarding finances. This feeling of in security certainly takes me back. I hate having to wait till payday. Still I need to get the cleaning lady in here it's getting bad. So bad that I may have to actually clean before she gets here just so she won't think I'm a total slob.

Yes I know this is a bit of a rambler. Today has just been taken up with the mundane. I did not go anywhere outside of the apartment complex today and I don't go out I don't get stimulated as far as material goes for the blog. I still have to hang clothes put some of the groceries from the food bank away. I need to make some marks on paper if I can before I hit the sack. So, I have a little more than week to go before the end of the month. I have food, I have quarters for wash I have cable TV and the Internet. I really don't need anything I just need to hunker down and not spend anything untill August I can do this.

No comments: