Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Independence Day 2018




Independence Day this year is hot in Salt Lake City which suits me just fine. I wasn't sure what I had planned a day actually so I might staff dress me in my new shorts just in case something happened that I needed look okay. Not that anything I wear meets that descriptionbut I like to think I look okay in these shorts. There's been some talk from Mark Anthony about coming over and picking me up to do a family function but by this morning I was not really interested in traveling a great distance in the heat, even in the van, then having to come home late at night possibly after the fireworks. I really am a stick in the mud. I thought about that a lot this morning as I went about my routines, poor Dianne I really wasn't much fun to be with. Thankfully she had and has Gabe, Bridget and the kids. I just didn't want to travel and deal with all the events that are really not established for a person in a wheelchair. This the royal copout I know. Turns out that Mark Anthony was late getting going this morning and things changed nobody was coming in the Salt Lake everyone's meeting in trouble. I was off the hook.

It really is a shame not to take advantage of the movie theaters I have just down the street. I did some checking and I thought why not? Head to the movies. Don't make me feel like I'm doing something special for the holiday. I checked the buses and they were running of course holiday schedules are times. The greatest headways were half an hour on Redwood Road route 217. I have 45 minutes before the next bus was due to my stop. I got a quick hotdog sandwich from the dogs I bought yesterday and got suited up with my site and leg bindings. I really didn't appreciate the movie very much I don't know why I even picked it except that it looked interesting on the trailers. Some weird movie about the federal government, drug cartels in Mexico. I cannot tell if it was able to support the US involvement in the border wall, drug cartels, illegal aliens and divert out drug enforcement officers and possibly corrupted officials. I'm still not sure what the endgame was all about. I was either going to do this movie or the next installment of the dinosaur movies Jurassic Park. I just couldn't do Jurassic Park even though I think I will in the near future just not today.

Today had gotten extremely warm I noticed as I exited the moviehouse. I just want to get home to my reality to my world. I crossed the street and got to the bus stop and found the next bus would be there at 16 minutes after that wasn't too bad. As I was sitting there a young man with some significant disabilities rolled up. We didn't communicate aside from a nod of recognition. I asked the driver is there any other chairs on board they were not, I instructed the other wheelchair to load up then I backed on
for my four minute trip home.

It's good to be home. I plan to cut up the watermelon wants two Young Sheldon's then write my monthly letters. I'm going to be late getting them out and I will blame the holiday works for me


No comments: