Saturday, July 28, 2018

Doing Art



I don't know what it is. I don't if I have reached a certain age that I have accepted something about myself or maybe it's just that I'm drawing more this summer that I ever have before. I'm drawing and using colors more than I've ever done before and I like it. I still like the black markers and their affect on paper or whatever surface I'm using to make marks on. Perhaps it's my Association with my friend from the Netherlands, the artist, Elske. She's an instructor at the local community college and Elske has taken time to look at my work And praise it. She's giving me pointers and been very supportive. Of course, I want to please her so I'm drawing more. Also my friend Lori, has also been very supportive. Lori is also a very artsy fartsy type and knows what she's talking about. I trust her in put. All these influences put together has increased output and I like that. My goal this year is to finish one of the handbooks/sketchbooks I've been driving around for years trying to fill up. I think I can do it this summer. I don't know how much, now I'm going to pursue the auditing of art classes at community College. I do not want to disrupt my “primitive” art renderings. I don't know how much I believe these comments or even if the comments are accurate and not folks just being kind to the old guy in a wheelchair trying to draw. One thing I have thought very provocative about my Art instructor is she is not above using herself as a model. Neither am I accept I felt a bit self-conscious. I mean after all, weren't so I'm going to find new and representation of a human body in real life? I am my best model that I have right now – – that might change who knows? What I found very supportive is that Elske has been more than encouraging me to be her model. She likes my form because I have all the curves and the shadows the artist covets. When I shared with her a number of my images (modeling) I thought she was going to start crying she was so pleased to have a ready model of my statuary and accessibility.This of course got wheels turning and I'm wondering should I actually be a model for our classes? Would that not be a hoot? What if I could do this but probably in Europe i.e. Amsterdam. Never have been images being seen in the US? This I'll be too good to be true but let's see what happens. Stranger things have happened

The days continue to be incredibly on sustained heat 90 and above for weeks on end. Everyone else is complaining so of course I am exclaiming how wonderful the heat is. I sure I am driving the old ladies here at the senior living complex. They sit around up front and complain about how horrid the heat. In fact in the heat of the day I took off boarded the bus and went into my Barnes & Noble in search of a book of cryptograms. The heat felt great as well as entering the buses, I swear a rolling morgues . You could really hang meat in those buses. I keep saying I have to cherish these days of heat while we have because it's only a short time before the hot season ends. But, I may be totally wrong. Global warming is now left to global burning. Seems like the whole world is on fire this summer. Increased heat and dry winter and spring's just made way too much fuel and now there are fires everywhere. So maybe This summer's heat will be extended knows how far. Irresponsible or no going to enjoy every minute of the heat.

No comments: