Monday, July 16, 2018

Morning Rescue





WOW! I was going to start out this posting with the story about how early this morning around 9 AM I was out in front of my patio surrounded by five or six firefighters. This event and started innocently enough when yesterday or the day before I hung a couple of cleaning rags on the railing to dry. I guess during the night when blue one of them on it aside my railing into the stones and gravel. I figured it would be an easy snatch for me to take one of my long sticks and then drive out onto the gravel, reach over and grab the rag with my stick with a hook on the end. I really should've known better.

Last autumn I was coming home from a function at the community college down the street from where I live and against the bus stop I had to go quite a ways out of my way to get there on the sidewalks but there was a student path which cut right across a small square right to the bus stop. The only problem being there was a lot of small stones, gravel which made this path. I got stuck there in the cold weather as the sun was going down. This part of the campus seemed to be rarely used at this time day luckily a student came by and rescued me. I should've learned my lesson. Obviously I did not.

I even tested the gravel a little bit and I was able to go forward a bit and I reversed and it okay but once I got on to the full gravel My power chair and myself seemed immediately to sink to the axles. I rocked back and forth as much as I could – – I tried to push myself backwards out of the gravel pit with my stick as hard as I could but to no avail I was stranded. Luckily my upstairs neighbor, Lois came to her balcony to enjoy the morning air and saw me. What could I do? I had a discussion and she got the maintenance guy who said as into deep and called the fire department. This will terrify me at one point but now they've rescued me to maybe three times (and that doesn't worry me a little but I'm good with it) and the boys/men came and rescued me. This was the story is going to write about and I guess I did. I received a comment on my post from yesterday. Anytime, I received a comment I'm just totally amazed at this day was REALLY amazing! The wife of my biological brother had written a comment. She explained a little bit about who she was and who they were and where they lived. They live close by geographically about an hour away. I now have to figure out what I'm going to do I can no longer play the “stupid card”.

No comments: