Monday, July 15, 2019

A Date To Remember



Another hot one but I didn't seem to mind as much as I did yesterday whatever reason who knows? You know I went I don't know how many decades not really ever remembering what day, during the summer month of July that I experienced the accident which changed my life. I've always thought that weird that others who have sustained similar disabilities is mine almost tend to worship that day are that moment in time. July 16, just never seemed to matter much. However, I think in the past six years for some reason I'm beginning to focus on the time around and the day of the accident July 16, 1966. I could run that silly photo one more time but for what reason? Certainly not who I am now.

I went out this afternoon following lunch and my workout to get a few provisions from the market when I got back I remembered that a long-term care organization was having a blood pressure clinic this afternoon so I figured I would drop in hoping there would be some kind of treats. No treats, really but of course they say they didn't forget but I know they forgot and said they were running late and would be here in about an hour. They forgot. So I can imagine the mad dashing around the office during all their crap together. I was impressed however that when they did show up they had their regular cheap plastics way a lot of ballpoint pens, notepads and keychains but they also drag somebody along which was a wheelchair mechanic. Great idea! That's something I get behind. They of course also had their heavy hitter a registered nurse qualified to administer real-life blood pressure checking. I don't know why this particular organization/company doesn't also provide the blood sugar creek as well. Hopefully that company still comes. So those of us who got there right at the initial time which was 2 PM had an hour to kill. So we all yammering around a bit. I'm a little bit excited just because I have not seen a lot of these people since I've started my summer course. Since I meet on Thursday mornings in my intro to drawing class I have not been coming to coffee so I was able to catch up on some of the gossip. Somewhere I was talking to someone yesterday and and told them about myself and Gene Diffendaffer, an individual I went to rehabilitation with and also suffered a broken neck but because he twisted doing a Boy Scout tree planting exercise Therefore being able to Sue BSA For none disclosed amount of money but enough to allow gene to disown his family move into a long-term care facility then almost crucify himself the sex drugs and rock 'n roll for the next 10 years. Needless to say I was envious. Anyway one of the people here at the facility heard me and was aghast that I would equate breaking my neck or our neck with a great event of our lives. The technique of all to explain the Eugene story and my story of not being involved in the armed robbery, being able to have two cars purchased for me and obtain a college degree. I still doubt that she believes.

So I spent the rest of the day off and on contemplating the last day of able-bodied hood 53 years ago. I'm sure I drug the hose out one of the cows, milk the cows, strain the milk bottles of milk and then wash the equipment. I may or may not of gone over to my buddies Charlie to hang out for a while but maybe I did for an excuse to ride the motorcycle. Really the day I probably swam at the canal twin Bridges and just goosed around. Obviously it was nothing memorable the following afternoon however…

No comments: