Sunday, July 28, 2019

It's official I've been screwed by my software DragonDictate which kind of shocks me. I mean granted I'm still pretty naïve in a lot of ways but I really thought DragonDictate and the whole Dragon software product was dependable. But I guess, dragons moneygrubbing as well. I first noticed something was weird with my computer a few weeks ago about a week ago actually. I was not being able to write to my software as well as filling in the blanks are writing directly to online pages like using Firefox or Google Chrome. Usually, I can just say what I want to search for and it writes it in the search box and away we go but something wouldn't let me in the longer I thought and I still think I'm partially right that I had worn the batteries down in my Bluetooth keyboard. I got this keyboard about a year and a half ago, it's Bluetooth, so no wires, and actually lets me enter data via the keyboard with fairly good distance away from the screen. I was thinking pretty much what was going on with my inability to type data into my screen (S) was just the need for new batteries. I did some quick research and found the call for two AA's. And I know I've got a stack of AA's around her somewhere but I couldn't find it so I had to go next door to the polygamist market and picked up a set of four overpriced power sources. And sure enough that solved part of the problem. I was able to dictate directly to open office writer and other “clipboard” type of media. However, I still is the not able to write to webpages and other areas on the Internet directly – not like I used to be able to. So, any time I have computer-related issues a call on my son Mark Anthony. I also find this a great way to have them come by to visit. I know sealed guilt technique perhaps that works now I just wish Shelley did live so far away I could guilt her more readily. Sunday, is probably the best day to get Mark over here since she does not go to church with his family and is not like he needs an excuse but visiting dear old dad is a great excuse to take off on a Sunday morning/afternoon. We both win, Mark and Mark. Mark usually has other items on his agenda so the visits on Sunday are often swift. Today he was given me a pep talk on my art self-esteem, not that I needed, but I think I come across that way. I've noticed a couple of comments on my last couple of Facebook postings. I didn't think I sounded as depressed as I think people thought that I might be. Appreciate all their concern and support for really am doing okay. I've got a great deal out of this drawing class and plan to use the text Drawing on the Right Site Of the Brain. It's a nice volume and it's got a lot of good stuff Incorporated in its text. But I will miss when this class is finished is the weekly assignment of an art project even though many times the art project somewhat threatened to me. I don't think I'm going to take another class right off but I'm going to try to draw as much as I blog. The instructor wanted us to draw a half an hour a day which is, I think, kind of excessive but maybe not I can sure see how much it helps drawing on a regular basis. The academic format was pretty good even down to the writing of the Final Essay and the instructors description of what and how he wanted the document written. I've got mine finished and is now have to figure out how to send it over to the instructor and into my E – portfolio. I guess I've wondered about enough but Mark did search through the software and indeed looks like by DragonDictate software has been “upgraded” and I'm being held some hostage with blockers prevent immediate access the total software which would allow me to write on the Internet functions or to complained about. I don't know if I will continue to use this DragonDictate now or find some alternative software maybe even Google writer has something that might work.and perhaps that's all I need…

No comments: