Tuesday, July 30, 2019

With Apologies To Nefertiti



I should be working on thin up my last art submission for my Intro to Drawing class. Today was the actual last “working” class where he actually sat worked on the current project. Mine was drawing to bust of Nefertiti. You got it longnecked beauty from ancient Egypt, it was either Nefertiti, a great bust of a naked woman without a had our a bust of possibly Stalin. I didn't give myself much hope for this project except that I would produce something which I did. You can see it in the image of chosen for this posting. Once again I tried not to compare myself to what other folks in the class was doing it's hard not to though. These guys are producing masterpieces I'm so envious however I'm not letting their obvious skill sets ruin my class experience. We worked on the piece all during the days time limits with the information/instruction that show up at 8 o'clock on Thursday morning and hand in the project.

I messed with my image all morning long. I forgot my wallet I was going to go over to the bookstore and purchase some softer charcoal actually work on the old girl but since I didn't have any cash are cards that ended that idea. Without about rolling home and gave my wallet but then I figured why? The class is essentially over. I think I got my final posted to the E portfolio and then pretty much a shutdown. I think I'm supposed to shoot Nefertiti up there to but I don't know if I'll get to that point perhaps I'll do it, just to post and see what happens.

I had lunch with Lori yesterday and she was somewhat adamant that I take the next class which I assume is something like Intro to Drawing II. I'm sure that's not the name of the class I kind of look to see if there was such a thing I have not found it yet, there's just a whole lot of classes to choose from. I don't know if I need another class – – oh I probably you in the true sense of art – – I just want to go back to my brute art or art primitive. I want to do my donkeys and maybe mess with portraits and a few other ideas I have. I know Brendan “the instructor” would have me deal with the proper shading, values, vanishing points and other points in the art world pathetic know what I say that for. I don't know what I signed up for except for to use the community college just down the street from where I live. Perhaps I wanted it to taste one last time the sweet nectar of youth are to be surrounded by the youth on the college campus even a community college. That was fun for what it was. I think I was shown that I'm just an outsider looking in no matter what I do at this point. I'm just to freaky old guy who just keep showing up to class. I might audit some more classes and maybe in our class are to if I can find one that covers the subject matter I want and not the techniques of art. Maybe I can't have it without learning the intricacies of the subject. My donkeys can only look so cute before I guess they start looking old. Nefertiti deserves better than what I did to her host you forgive me for every she resides in the underworld…

No comments: