Thursday, July 18, 2019

Yawn, Gotcha Due Tuesday



I'm learning a skill set later in life you don't know how useful it is to me but I do notice I've picked up a skill which I don't know is good or bad. We don't want to say the skills is indifference or apathy or maybe I've just been worn down by my silly drawing class..

This morning seem to go pretty smooth. I woke about 530 and remembered it was a class day and finally got up around 6 AM. I made it to class with a half an hour to spare waiting with other class members in the hallway until Brendan got there open up the classroom. Brendan went right to work pulling things out of the closet to draw more spheres, rectangles, octagon's, pyramids etc. today we were/are working on working with charcoals. I knew this was to be the course but didn't think too deeply into it had I done so I would not of worn white shorts. Brendan went right to work making beautiful objects just like that.. He treated his paper by casually making charcoal swatches all over then blended altogether into a light gray I was envious. This guy loves to draw it is so obvious and I am so envious.

I don't think I'm really dejected but I'm something. I don't think I'm depressed either I think I'm just bummed out that I cannot seem to come to grips (excuse the pun) of being able to even reach the tablet are papers to even draw. I'm just amazed at how well the other kids in class take to this drawing stuff Brendan has a do. They make beautiful pieces. I eventually launch into the project we are supposed to choose three of the many are multiple objects to draw. I picked a sphere into pyramids, the pyramids one in front of the other. Brendan has light set up all over the area the overhead lights are turned down in the spotlights are on and I eventually go to town. I try to make the marks on my paper and I do but they're not gloriously smooth in flowing like Brendan's , Nico's and everybody else's except mine. We were advised strongly to get a shammy's cloth in order to blend the charcoals on the paper. I actually left the classroom when all the way over to the student union and couldn't find the shammy. Finally the manager of the school store went into the back room and came out with a cloth used to wipe computer screens perfectly for what I needed.

Back in the sweatshop/drawing room/I jumped in my project to try to use the protractor but allows that to weird and angle to get up all our circle drawn. So I elected inscribed the circles best I could with my left hand what a joke. I think I did a cardinal sin and blending charcoals I just can't get in a darker and darker field. You could see that I had ball on my paper somewhere but its true dimensions almost gone. The triangles came out okay but once again I feel very fragile and weak about what I've put together so far. By the in the class. I'm sort of making false moves like I'm working on my project. I have not called once on Brendan to come over and evaluate my progress are to ask for tips. Not that I'm ashamed it's the apathy I talked about in the first paragraph. I don't care this is about as good as I'm going to do in this class. In the class. On Tuesday which Britain is already said he will use to work on this drawing. He said he does not want us to work on it at home that he wants it to be alive piece drawing. Well since I'm auditing he cannot flunk me not technically. You certainly give me a call after where I'm sure and as probably as good as a dunce hat sitting in the corner. But I'm going to show up do more play like I'm working on my.project for the whole class. In turn in my work and motor out of the class but I'll remember to wear black shorts…'

No comments: