Saturday, July 27, 2019

Making Grade



I'm actually kind of proud of myself. I've spent the day off and on working on my final essay for my Intro To Drawing class. The task is kind of fun, kind of, it's fun to write with the purpose even if it is a paper for class. Like saying that makes you feel like I've got an important thing going on. I kind of think I can just about right anything and submit it and it would be taken and I would've gotten some sort of passing grade just for submitting something. The instructor gave definite directions on what to write about the gave us three choices to choose from.

I've included the actual document just for the fun of it:
[

Final Essay

  • Due No Due Date
  • Points 100
  • Submitting a text entry box, a website url, or a file upload
You are required to write an essay for this class since it is a general education course.
The essay must be 2-3 pages, double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman.  You should include an introductory paragraph that includes your thesis statement, supporting paragraphs where you defend your thesis, and a concluding paragraph. 

You must make at least
one reference taken from the textbook "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain," by Betty Edwards, at least one reference to an experience or concept taught in class, and at least one reference to your own personal life/experiences.

For the essay please choose
one of the following prompts:

1.  How are the skills you have learned in this class applicable to your anticipated field of study, future career/profession, and or life in general?

2.  Many people believe that the ability to draw is only a natural gift some people are born with, not something that can be learned.  Write a persuasive essay to convince a skeptic that drawing is a learnable skill.

3.  Everyone has access to a camera of some sort, and more photos are being taken today than ever before.  Why is it valuable to learn how to draw realistically if you can just take a photo? 
Please upload your word or pdf file here.  You are also required to upload this essay to your e-portfolio.  Please add a link to your e-portfolio in your submiss]



I chose number two. I think number three would been kind of fun too, I did not choose number one just because I'm not going to be using anything I learned a career are professions and some at the end of all that now. Wow! Boy that statement sounds final but I suppose it's true. It came out so smoothly I think maybe I'm beginning to accept format in life that's really spooky.



I thought about writing something silly/stupid just to see how closely the instructor looks at the documents but decided just to have a good time and write what I want to write even if it's not what he wants to read per se. I guess it could be worse I could actually be writing this for a grade!

No comments: