Friday, July 19, 2019

Blood Draw And Other Things Medical



A couple of weeks ago I got that notification on my email from the pharmaceutical provider that lets me order mega amounts of a prescription like three months of the time. I really enjoy this service is not only economical but takes a lot of pressure off me have a new worry about whether I will have enough medications to make it through a particular.. Anyway the notification said my order was declined and indicated I need to contact my medical provider who would provide a yearly checkup which should result in the continuation of my prescription. Annoying, as this was I went ahead with the song and dance called and made the appointment which happened to be today or this morning at 10 AM.

Like most people I presume I have more than one physician. Not only do I have a neurologist , Urologist But I also have a physiatrist. I don't quite remember why I got one but it was recommended that I do and I did. I guess supposedly the physiatrest Kind acts like the head honcho and supposedly pulls all the medical data together. I don't particularly see that happening in my situation. My physiatr est doesn't even know my the neural And I got the impression they don't want to know each other. This cannot be good medicine. I was quite surprised at how long my actual appointment/time with an MD was. I didn't get his name but the majority of my appointment was taken up by a resident who has read all the pertinent questions. He seemed real focused and committed. They did the prelims and then I was rewarded with FaceTime with Dr. Allred, my main guy. I found I was possibly prediabetic and I was rewarded with my attendance with a pneumonia vaccination Plus I also had my blood drawn. Kind of concerned about what the results will be from this. Even if I do end up being prediabetic I figure just another part of life something else to live with. Lotta people do and I see that I guess is just more difficult to maintain weight in the type II diabetes. Can't be a worse than living with spinal cord injury.

My cleaning woman usually shows up today but there's been no word from her thus far which is okay because I was getting a little spooked about her coming every week now. That adds up quickly. Luckily I got a call on my email or text message those are my occupational therapist who was calling to remind me that today I had a meeting with him. He was coming over to my apartment to administer a a butt mapping exercise. He has a pretty cool piece of software and equipment to map the pressure areas on your but. We did this at my place so we could use the list to get me up and place feedback down on the pad. This is pretty cool. Showed me a lot particularly how important it was to do the press releases. I can do pretty good press releases and below think I'm okay just got to be hypervigilant about getting the blood to my butt as well as getting the weight off of my butt.. I wish that I had asked him for a copy of the video showing the pressure centers on the but map. I may still ask for one.

It was a good day for me, I'd not really intended to do this much today so I'm quite tired but sometimes A person just has to sacrifice their Friday for the body's greater good…

No comments: