Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Schools Out For Summer



I kind of get emotional anymore at the last day of the month. It means, to me, another month is gone they'll never get back and I don't have many July's left when you look at it that way even the best case scenario. So I hate to say fini to each month as a goes. Tomorrow, begins August which I deem is the last real month of summer. So I have 31 good days for sure of this summer. I also just wrestled my art clipboard back into the portfolio for the last time. I took out the last assignment Nefertiti and took a picture and I think posted the image to my E portfolio on my E Canvas or whatever I never did really figure it out. I posted my material somewhere and I'll see what happens. I know the sick and tired of hearing this but I don't really care because I AUDITED the class. I got what I wanted and now I'm moving on in them not looking back.

Tomorrow should be an abbreviated class. The instructor indicated on Tuesday that he expects students to be in class at 8 AM drop off their last image then be gone. He wants everyone out there by 8:30 AM I think that's fine with me I need to get back to my coffee club they're mad at me as it is. Just for the record I don't think I'm going to take another art type class soon. I probably should do something academic since the college is right there and it's so cheap to be part of that college scene which I do like. The only trouble is if I thought summer classes were intense with two meetings a week what would regular classes per semester be like with three meetings a week? Then there's the whole thing of writing real papers and examinations. I am not sure how all that works. I'm sure it's fairly simple and basic after all and not the only senior enrolled auditing classes. What if I were? That would be kind of funny. My apartment manager was in my apartment today dropping off the document I need to fill out and I shared with her my experience this summer with my drawing class. I shared with her my bookmarks of donkeys from the apocalypse which she immediately fell in love with. I gave her three or four bookmarks she was happy and impressed. This is just enough reinforcement for me to get back to work on my donkeys, bookmarks and possibly using all the rest of my huge tablet of huge pieces of blank paper. I do want to explore drawing on a bigger “canvas” to see what I can produce if nothing else but for my own wall art. I think if I were to take a class it would be in animation, cartoon or pen and ink. I think the biggest lesson I learned this summer in Intro to Drawing is that I just need to do it stop thinking about it so much and just fill up pages and pages of the tablets I have collected over the years now is the time…




No comments: