Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Dr. Allred Calling


Image result for Dr. Nathan Allred

A little while ago I was in the middle of trying to listen to what my favorite National Public Radio shows “Marketplace. Without going into the boring realities of Internet radio at all you missed the local broadcast of the show which is at 3 o'clock in the afternoon but I was busy at the time purchasing batteries for my keyboard. I was okay with that however because I knew I could catch the next version at 4:30 PM when I jack into my Internet radio which allows me to pick up broadcasts anywhere. I plan to listen to the 430 edition which is actually broadcast at 6:30 PM in Los Angeles. Anyway, just as I was settling into the show I noticed my phone ringing my cell phone ringing usually this does not bother me and I just ignore it because I know it's a Robo call but to my shock it was my internist calling. I mean no one ever calls me really. Seems like these days the sun was to get a hold of me they do it through Facebook and texting I can't remember when I got in another real call but there it was “Nathan All red” my internist. I was able to snag the call, which is really good for me. Because always on its second set of rings when I scooped it up and the doctor was still there.

I was even more blown away when I found the caller had a male voice rather than a female. I thought sure it was one of the nurses on Dr. Allred staff. Then I realized the caller was Nathan. Nathan was calling me direct and for a split second I was terrified. Was there something so bad in my blood work I had earlier in the week that Nathan was calling me personally. I steeled myself to get ready for the information I was about to get. Oddly, this was not bad news not really. One of my readings was way down which is really good can't recall which one it was it was a number of points are whatever is good down from last year. I was waiting for the cancer word but that never came. But did come was that I was still just below the cutoff line for pre-diabetes. Nathan says I can go another year and will check again then. I just have to maintain a decent diet and lifestyle. As much raw type food is possible cut out the pre-made stuff as much as possible cut out sugars and particularly sugar drinks and even fruits that are too sugary. I was hoping I could have the diet powdered drinks but I just invested in as well as I sort of got into diet Pepsi products. He said no even though they might be diet there something in the drinks that is not good for mankind. I don't think I was a static like I felt good not only from the news but that Dr. Allred called me direct! I don't know why but this is like totally blowing me away. This guy is busy and I suppose he calls everybody to get in a lab results I'm glad he feels comfortable doing this task over the phone. I'm surprised he hasn't figured out Facebook and texting. Maybe he does know all that and just prefers to do the personal touch over the phone line. Be smart enough to realize it would totally freak me as other patients out if he just sent out a notice of “see me”

Tomorrow's the holiday – – Pioneer Day. I totally disregarded the information Nathan gave me and got my ceremonial holiday bag of chips, peppers, wash soap and a few other things I felt I needed to get me over the holiday and into Thursday.…

No comments: