Monday, July 22, 2019

I Too Shall Dream Of Electric Sheep…


I've just been scanning old posts because I want to make tonight's offering about wheelchair batteries. I was quite surprised (as I always am) at how many posts I have actually written about batteries. I live in fear that going to begin repeating myself, like an old man just have redundancy for a blog after a while. Luckily, however the information you want to write about today is relatively new in my lexicon/universe primarily because it's new information or maybe old information from a new approach sense really there is nothing new under the sun supposedly just a revolution!


I listened with and show us this morning on National Public Radio about how there is talk about a new season in the development of power options a.k.a. storage batteries. The most phenomenal thing about this direction of thought is not power sources for homes, automobiles and yes even power chairs but as a positive and relatively simple solution to global warming. Each day as the sun produces more and more heat domes across this country/world and people are actually dying it looks like the powers of this world are beginning to make some positive decisions in the name of global warming and one of those is to pursue the development of a powerful way to store energy to use when traditional sources of energy are too dangerous are in stable to use. So, they are looking at building bigger, more powerful and more compact storage devices that will not heat the environment in their production, storage our product dissemination as well as building compact reservoirs dense enough to store a significant amount of energy.

What delights me, in my cynical way of thinking, is that people with disabilities just be patient, for a few more months and most likely years but soon relatively speaking. People with disabilities to a certain degree of the world's bastard children. PWD is that population Of human beings too stubborn or too stupid to die are be stowed away behind institutional/medical doors. People with disabilities have survived so far on the trickle-down of everyone else. Sooner or later we benefit from technology and systems built for other populations. We are the quintessential embodiment of Dickens tiny Tim. And we will be patient and we have been long-suffering and we will be hoisted on the shoulders of an electronic Bob Cratchit Marching And dancing around in a more independent world.

I have dreams of a battery the size of a fist that will take minutes to charge and power chair all day for as long as the driver wants to go. To have a battery Small enough with enough power that I never have to be worried of being stranded. Of course, as I've alluded to already, this will only be after the technology has been developed for a larger, more wealthy and elitist population willing to drop these electric scraps for wheelchair users to dream of electric sheep…

No comments: