Sunday, March 22, 2020

Aftershock Afterthoughts



I wonder if you get PTSD from just one little 5.7 earthquake? I don't know but just a few minutes ago, I was just finishing watching Ironman 1 when all of a sudden I got definite movement here at the apartments. Kind of weird – started out small then grew a little bit then was gone. This aftershock was nothing like the 5.7 but enough to make me wonder if the ceiling was going to come down. I had to take a deep breath and intellectualize the fact that this was just an aftershock, one of hundreds of aftershocks since the 5.7. They'll be more aftershocks but still a kind of freaked out just in my head if nowhere else. So now I wonder if every time a big truck passes and rattles the apartment and go to get these weird feelings. PTSD? All I know is I'm not the same.

Maybe it was not the aftershock at all which upset me. I was texting Dianne newsflash crawled across the screen indicating a 60+ man had just passed away at Lakeview Hospital up in Davis County! This was the same hospital Dianne just had a procedure done on her shoulder last week. This hit me like a ton of bricks. I hope she's okay. I have not heard anything about folks who are at the hospital having to quarantine or anything but still.

I often text a friend in the Netherlands. She is an art teacher at one of the community colleges . Her whole city is on lockdown and she's beginning to go stir crazy. Tomorrow they should start online teaching and maybe that will help when she gets focused on something to do and teach her classes online. I can sense in her texting that she's getting frightened of what's happening in Europe. Pretty spooky.

Right now my immediate worry is that I have a a molar the temporary Which feels like it's about ready to go nuclear. I don't know what dentists are doing these days especially my dentist. The reason this tooth has a temporary cap Is because there's hardly anything left of the tooth. In my dentist put on the crown just to get me by till the whole thing implodes. I was really hoping it would be a long ways out but the last couple days I think it's time is coming. I don't know if I'll have him extract what's left or whatever but that I'll need to counsel with him on. If he still seeing people.

I believe I still harbor those feelings of invincibility that I had as a kid even now. I continue to pump my bike for more than 180 minutes every week. Like to think that I'm strong and that whatever is happening around this country doesn't have anything to do with me but I better be careful that kind of thinking as a way of common right around and bite me in the butt the least that you think it will happen. As I think back over the last week have had minimal contact with anyone. The Thursday coffee group was the most and we all pretty much respected 6 feet boundary. The social was lightly attended anyway didn't seem to last very long. I guess what I'm saying is that except for video chatting (which I really like a lot actually) I don't see much of anyone. Perhaps that's best for the next couple weeks.

No comments: