Monday, March 09, 2020

Printer Blues



You know what I hate but I really really hate how I can, without thinking, make a few strokes on my computer and totally messed my system up to the point for a cannot use it any longer until I can get some kind of intervention somebody who knows what they're doing. Today for example, I was working on my system actually yesterday Mark Anthony came over and put the new cartridges in my printer. This morning I was being very productive and wrote a letter to my nephew. I printed the document and it was just fine. Letter came out perfect. I don't remember what I was trying to do, I think as trying to find where I had to file for my nephew's address. Of course the computer screen I use is quite a ways from my workstation and I cannot really see that well some of the small print. I have learned however that I can greatly increase the image by hitting alt + and the system increases the size and I'm able to read and make my selection. Will I did that today and I don't know what I did besides but I somehow increase the image so much that now I cannot reduce the size of the screen. That means not only can I not read the files that I want to print I cannot get the corner of the screen to turn my computer screen on enough for my computer on and off.

Of course Mark Anthony is my go to guy for technical support anything to do with computer type technology. However, I must respect the idea that he also is working and I have to squeeze myself and in some timeslots when they become available. Sometimes however, Mark can break free and address my need. I was hoping that Mark would be able to take control of my system remotely and see what the problem was. I know it's relatively simple I just cannot find the solution I think anybody who knows anything about computers will be able to figure it out. Now having said that, I must confess I spent 30 minutes on the phone with tech support from P C Computers. One of the big come ons of this organization is that if you buy your computer from these guys they standby ready to help at any time. Well today that did not necessarily happen. After waiting for about a half an hour on”Hold” then I get a hold of a tech who really doesn't seem too excited about helping me. Well I played the disability card and use a little more responsive but he couldn't fix the problem. He basically did everything that I had done which did not leave me very hopeful. I know it's got a be an easy solution it's just eluding me. Mark Anthony said he did back with me and I said that's cool I'll be here.

The day worked its way to the end and after I watch the evening news I decide to give Mark Anthony a call for sometimes I know he works this late. I thought maybe I could snag him and if nothing else he could remote into my system and work the bugs out there. Interestingly, Mark Anthony did install some software that allows this to be done. I think you forgot about me but he also had a fairly important meeting with his wife so I told him not to worry try to alleviate any pressure. The only thing I was really concerned about was updating the blog. I could've done up with my Samsung handheld are even my Samsung tablet but I just assume work off Dragon on my computer. And again I am fortunate in that I have the laptop that I nearly destroyed last year. The system works great screen it's a little bit problematic but it works good enough for blogging.

I kind of wanted to print the envelope for my letterbut it looks like if I'm going to use tomorrow's mail a better handwrite the address stamp and get it out the door. Kind of really like using this laptop even though it's a little slow works for me…okay

No comments: