Monday, March 16, 2020

Saratoga Sadness


.


On a quick note I just heard from Dianne and the operation is over and seems to be a success using her room and doing well. I thought should really be a lot more faded than she is in fact will be getting her active in a few minutes to begin her physical therapy regimen. Thinks is going to do pretty good.

I'm getting a little weirded out due to some technical difficulties I am beginning to experience with my arm bike, my Saratoga Silver. I use this equipment nearly everyday. Sunday is the only day that I don't pump on my arm bike. The mechanical parts of the bike, the crank that I actually spend our turn are somehow hooked into a electronic keyboard, some kind of computer chip of some sort that is adjustable and modulates the resistance on the crank that I push or pull throughout my workout. They're like for settings that I use during my workout each setting has its own resistance pattern. Some more resistive than others. Each one one of the programs has five or six settings each one which runs for a minute and can get very challenging to me. I do each workout session 3 of which I run at 40 minutes the other three or 30 minute challenges so altogether a pump a little bit more than 200 minutes a week. My trainer indicated I probably only need 180 minutes for a good valid workout.

When this phenomenon first begin to show itself I would be working out for 15 to 20 minutes and all of a sudden electrical system would collapse and I would lose all resistance. I can still turn the crank but would experience no resistance and therefore was kind of useless. I did find however if I turned off the arm bike (there's a toggle switch just in front of me that I can switch on and off) then turn it on again the computer logs right back into where I was and usually I can pump couple more minutes before happens again then I've noticed a pattern that when I hit a certain number on the indicator board that's when the system shuts down and I have to reboot it or something. The last couple days I've been able to buy with turning the system on off numerous times throughout my workout. I can do this but what really worries me is that, is this behavior symptomatic of something more significant happening. I would hate to replace my arm bike. If I did would want to get another Rand-Scott product, I think. The problem I'm having is that Rand. – Scott doesn't seem to be too supportive technologically speaking. In fact a couple years ago when I was possibly considering replacing this machine I got weird information that they no longer made these machines which was partially right and partially wrong. I gather they are still building a similar type product but it's not called the Saratoga – Silver to have a product called the Saratoga-Cycle. I've tried to speak with the technician but they've got their phone system set up so he could only leave a message then they will get back to you. I don't think they got back to me the last time this happened. I get the impression they would just assume wash their hands of the whole Saratoga cycle thing but it's just such a nice product the public won't let them. I just wish there were more supportive…

No comments: