Friday, March 13, 2020

Friday The13th




It just occurred to me that today is Friday the 13th! Luckily I'm not a superstitious fellow, not really, but coming across small revelations that today is a day when people should take care due to its superstitious influence over our reality. I had only one goal today that was to deposit the check I got from the Utah Developmental Disabilities Council (U D D C) for the use of my image in their generation of publicity documents and resources.

Dear reader you will remember that one of the reasons I went to book club yesterday was to get my check. Ricky, the office manager, said that she would haven't been would give it to me at bookclub. I had to sign a release of course and she handed me a sealed envelope which look like a card which I assume would be a thank you card. I was late getting to bookclub by a few minutes so rather than open the card then I just stuffed it into my man bag with the thought of going to my credit union today and make the deposit. I really was going to put $20 into savings and $20 into checking and then keep $10 in cash to get through the weekend. (last couple months I spent way too much money on debt medical, clothing dental etc. I just feel a little anxious right now so rather than generating cash and spend it I was going to be thrifty and save).

I don't know where my afternoon went the afternoon just kind of evaporated. I was supposed to hang around the apartment for the manager and maintenance guy who is supposed to be the head honcho on my rehabilitation my unit. I kind of forgot that they were coming round and for some reason late in the afternoon as I was istening to my radio show Marketplace I realized that I did not have to wait for the end of the show I can actually listen to my radio show all waiting for the bus. I threw a jacket on my shoulders and took off the day was colder than anticipated but I was comfortable. My credit union is not relatively easy to get to. The simplest route is going south to about 6800 S. getting off the bus and crossing Redwood Road which is dicey at best. Today was just cold enough and I was feeling at risk of mouth but I decided I would take the bus all the way to the South Jordan train station where the bus turns into the returning route the 217 inbound. This would allow me to stay on the bus and then disembark the bus right in front of my credit union. I had about a seven minute wait before we headed back north and I decided to open my card and have my check ready. To my shock when I opened the card it was full cash! I did not need to be there I could've been home. With a chuckle I shared this information with the bus driver don't think he fully appreciated the humor. I had them drop me off at this Mexican joint not far from the graveyard where I got a fine Friday night dinner with my acting money…

No comments: