Friday, March 06, 2020

Getting Ready For The Weekend…





I just returned from my Friday shopping. I like to think I go shopping on Friday and get everything I need for the coming week but in actuality I think I'm just doing recreational shopping. Because, I know I'm going to probably return to the market on Saturday/tomorrow because it's somewhere to go somewhere to spend my money on something I can justify. I mean after all one can always justify food in my right?

Today I actually formed the list. The usual suspects were on it bananas, coffee, one can of evaporated milk, jalapeno peppers (pickled) grapes, cottage cheese and some more exotic items this week dark silk coffee, paper bowls and the grapes were a dollar more pound than they were last week but I got pound and a half and also this week I impulsed and got two dollars worth of yogurts at three yogurts for a dollar. I don't eat a lot of yogurt, I should eat more I guess, but I like having yogurts, around in the back of the fridge, lurking. Sometimes, when I want a real treat I will go to the back of the fridge and see who's there and who wants to be part of my life. Luckily, the guy at the smoked ribs and brisket counter was not around. I was weak today I may have purchased a whole pound of smoked brisket. Right now, the smoked brisket's they have on the weekends are my weakness. The ribs I am not too worried about, I can pass them up no problem but the brisket is a different matter. She I really enjoy this facet of my market you have the sky cut Ms. Ribs up every weekend. I used to think he was part of the market to kind of asthmatic is also an independent smoked meat vendor of some sort. He usually has his sacrificial rack of ribs and brisket available cutting up into small sample size which fits into a good size paper cup with the toothpick. Nothing like samples. I try not to be obvious below one of those local culture folks that live for the free samples? I've never purchased a whole pound of the smoked brisket and it's hard to justify my little head for $13. What really must be pass them up is being cognizant of the amount of fat I would ingest sucking down this succulent meat. However, I am one day going to either purchase a pound or the whole brisket. This guy has these smoked brisket's stacked like cordwood in the little heat box which displays the succulents to the folks walking by. Luckily, I think the amount of calories this would force on my body the three pass this up every week but one of these days I'm sure I will weaken.

It's Friday and I got out of there spending less than 40 bucks which is really not too bad. I even got sour cream which is I had no justification for except for some potatoes that I've yet to be cooked. I don't know what got into me except that it's Friday night and shopping at the market is my pathetic form of recreation.…



No comments: