Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Invincible Me?




It's one of those dynamically beautiful spring mornings which makes me feel that winter is finally behind us. It's not necessarily warm, but the forecast calls for partially cloudy skies temperatures up and roll high 50s but it's a beautiful morning giving me the illusion power and completion.

A piece of my chair or part no longer works. That's the latch mechanism on the arm of my chair. It will no longer engage and I can no longer lift the right arm of my chair free. Luckily I really do not need to have that chair arm mobile except when I need to get under the sink in the bathroom to shave are brush my teeth. And I've learned to be able to get to the sink at an angle so I don't have to lift that arm up but still I like having a chair that all the parts works as much as I can. I suppose in the worst-case scenario I could have somebody remove the part from your departure I own residing in my bedroom as the back and share. I hate this one cannibalization and theoretically, I could use that part get my arm functional on my regular chair the values and then when the stress of the Covid -19 virus passes get the assembly and restore the back-up chair.

Last night on the news it was reported that the LDS church called back almost 2000 of its missionaries many of which came directly to Salt Lake international mind you demonstrations from federal down the local of all indicated no large gatherings of people and hear thousands of people lately disrespecting the Council. This made me think about my self assuredly as well as my illusion of personal elitism/privilege. Thinking that I'm above the law just because I use a wheelchair or/and I am impervious to getting this infection both cases which are wrong. I texted my friend today Dennis Ward who is in the middle of a heavy-duty cancer fight. Dennis is a fighter, I've blogged about you, but I can tell from this text exchange morning that my boy was on the ropes. It got me thinking what if my own stupidity and arrogance that I somehow became infected with Covid – 19 languished and died! Seriously, I can get by with this chair right now. I think I am above the law/commonsense as far as being out in public? My actions are just playing hubris. Last night I texted with my friend in the Netherlands where they are on forced walk down the next two weeks if not months she's already going stir crazy. I can get all my needs met in the apartments. If I want to go out and go out and sit in the parking lot where my van used to be. If I need social interaction I can use video chat or whatever and get satisfied.

I don't have to be like Bart Simpson waving my arms back and forth taunting the authority of administration. Hopefully I've learned my lesson: I am not invincible…

No comments: