Sunday, March 08, 2020

The Watcher

Wall art from Africa in my dentist's office


Sunday afternoon and the sun is trying to make a breakthrough the clouds. It's been raining this morning and the temperature is not the nearly form as in the past couple of days but I just put out this afternoon just to say that I went out and the day was kind of nice. Not as warm but not cold either, granted him wearing a stocking cap but that's basically just for looks. I rolled around the parking lot I do that a lot. I miss my van even though I don't or didn't drive it all as well as when it left it was undrivable actually because it was not legal. But still on days like today I could go out and sit by it feel tethered to something that seemed permanent borders I wrong. But that's not my point by point is I looked out across the way, through the wrought iron fence of our gated community and I can look directly to my dentist office. Not that I'm stalking my dentist but I'm beginning to worry a little bit about him. I mean I could be selfish and say that if he's sick and I'm sick because I don't have anyone to rely on for my teeth that's too simplistic. I like to keep tabs on him because it's so easy with him being across the street.

Anyway, I was out getting some fresh air and noticed I dentists pick up parked in front of his office. It's Sunday afternoon. I thought about giving him a call – – since I still have his cell phone number from the Christmas thing – – he had parked his truck there and taken another vehicle up to the mountains with the snow machines to frolic. Was going to invite them out to lunch or dinner since it looked like he'd been there all day my thought he was working. So that's probably it today. What is so however I'm a bit worried he seems overstressed. Last time I visited with them he was shorthanded particularly things like billing and collections. I could tell he was stressing and he needs not be stressing don't think his heart is all that strong or healthy. I could be wrong however is dropping weight that's a good sign.

My dentist must do okay . He's been to Africa on photo Safari I'm sure more than once. The décor of his office is quite a collected sculptures of the American West in the Remington tradition as well as masks native to Africa decorate the walls walls of his humble three chair office. I used to think what a humble setting then I found that he pretty much inherited the place from his dad. That means everything must be paid for. He's not running totally state-of-the-art equipment but everything needs to practice. So is really no rent, very little overhead, just salaries for staff who seems to been there forever. I think he has got it made. Just family stressors but they can be the worst. So I won't call him ask him if he wants to go to dinner or something. He's probably up in the mountains frolicking in the snow. He's in the middle of his three-day weekend. I'll just keep an eye on his truck I think he likes that. I am the watcher.

No comments: