Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Wrinkles



I barely recognize the person looking out at me in the mirror every morning as I shave. That person in there is so old. How can that image the mine? Even so, that face getting more and more ancient I don't really spend a whole lot of time examining it except perhaps from a novice artists point of view. There are certainly a lot of dark spaces shady spaces caved in places on that face that might be worthy of sketching. But it was the other day when I was at the bus stop taking if you sell these in the bright pre-spring sunshine. I took a number of images and did not pay much attention until later on my bus trip when I was selecting one of the images the post on my Facebook page. I flipped through the images that I had just taken a few minutes earlier and stopped dead in my tracks. It was an image of an old guy with serious old guy skin. This was me! This was my skin crinkled and folded and looking almost like paper getting ready to be blown away by the winds of time. Luckily I was on public transit and I had other things I needed to attend to immediately so I shut the image to the back burner.

Now, that I've had some time to accept the image (and I have not accepted it completely) have to figure out what to do with language however that will take some time to because once again is getting shipped to the back burner of my life. Yesterday, I messed up my computer screen I quite fully maxed out the image made as large as I could so I could read some font on directions on how to printed image I was going to run through my new ink cartridges on my printer. By the time I gotten the fonts large enough to read had forgotten what the project was for but I could not retrace my steps and minimize the screen on the computer. I've done everything I can think of. I even called tech support as well as my son Mark Anthony. So far I've not been able to get my computer back up and running way it should so I can write and print. I'm sure it's just an easy fix and I am just making more out of it than I need to. Fortunately, for me I have this great laptop I'm able to at least run my blog postings from the laptop. Mark Anthony was able to remote in to my screen but cannot find the problem. I think it's just me and the way that tried to explain the issues. Again like I said lucky me I have a backup computer just like that.

I'm sure I'm going to write more on this issue in the next couple of days. Dianne had just finished preparing her taxes. Dianne strongly suggests that I should probably file. I don't think I filed my taxes for the last three years at least. Since I haven't been earning money I hadn't thought that was an issue but Dianne suggests that perhaps I'll be getting some money back and I need to file. This really kind of freaks me out but maybe I can couple hundred bucks here are their would help with home health if nothing else. It's just part of this process of growing up. It's time that I do I certainly have a face for it…

No comments: