Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Shaker!



I really didn't have a tough time sleeping but I just woke early and couldn't get back to sleep. Today is one of those days even if I could get myself back to sleep but could not because my home health person, Annette comes today for program and a shower. I hardly ever read in the morning (and possibly I should) but when I turned on NPR all I got was the virus and I'm a little overwhelmed with virus reported right now. And please note I did not say “a wish that report on something else”. I really believe sometimes in watch out for what you wish for. Anyway, I'm always up by the time Annette arrives. Since I'm going to shower anyway I never get dressed. And as you know, I like rolling around my apartment naked. I was in the bathroom just after 7 AM like six minutes after and all the sudden the room began to shake! Actually, maybe “role” might be a better descriptor. Seems like I heard old noise to like a roaring sound. I thought maybe it was a big jet or maybe a garbage truck or maybe just maybe EARTHQUAKE! Have to admit for moment I was a bit scared looking at the walls move listing the things fall in other parts of the apartment. I knew I should've gone someplace like under a doorway but I never got mobilized. I just sat there and wondered if the building was going to “pancake”. All the news stations and reports said it was just about four seconds five seconds long but it seemed a lot log me. The shaking finally subsided, after what I thought was the eternity, feeling pretty good since the rest of the building did not come tumbling down on my head or anything.

I need to get outside, away from the building but I couldn't find my robe. I knew I had the robe close by because of just this kind of thing. Later on I remembered I put up one of those little hooks on the breaker box by the bathroom door to side so I would always know where my robe was. I could not find my robe save my life and then Annette walked in. She was goofy as ever somewhat excited for having survived the earthquake. I forgot about going out into the parking lot and being safe , we decided to go ahead with the mornings program and shower. Of course, nobody was talking about the virus anymore.

One of the State advisory boards I said on usually meets in Salt Lake at the Judy Ann Buffmire building but because of the Corona-virus we could not meet together as a group instead had the meeting online which worked fairly decent. Just as we were into the meeting all of the sudden the building start rocking and rolling again. I was sitting at the computer and I did not witness this is much as the other individuals who had me in their computer screens can see my computer camera rocking all over the scene. This aftershock was a 4.4 whereas the initial earthquake was a 5.7. The 4.4 was still pretty rough. I came out of the whole event unscathed. Couple of the items on my table filled to the floor which Annette swept up and threw away. All day long, local media has done nothing but cover the earthquake. It's I feel like I dodged a bullet but it was a hell of a bullet to dodgeI am sure tomorrow we'll be back to the coronavirus…





No comments: