Friday, March 20, 2020

Random Hugs of Kindness



Maybe the best way to process this whole Covid–13 thing is to not process certain like the wisdom that the computer displays at the end of the War Games movie “the only way to win is to not play”. I don't know about anybody else but I think this might be the best way for me. I've noticed on television a lot of the networks are pushing this whole agenda of helping neighbors, strangers and doing general good deeds's sort of like the “random good deeds” campaign which is running a couple years ago. Was pretty good idea I thought, but never really caught on. However, the concept is coming back now with a vengeance. One PSA suggested one random act of kindness a day. I've been doing acts of kindness I guess but they're not so random. I gave my neighbor some bananas. I gave my neighbor some cornbread that I made this afternoon. I hope she still has her chili left over. She gave me a large sized amount of chile a couple of days ago and I got around to taste it this morning. The chili was pretty good for little bit different than the way I would make it but I jazzed up with crushed red pepper, garlic powder, dried onions and a good little of jalapeno peppers and juice, oh and I almost forgot the can of Nalley's chili. It wasn't because the chili was lacking I just wanted to make sure I had enough chili last for a couple of days. I'm really testing a new concept in cooking right now and that is using a commercial standard like for instance Campbell's condensed vegetable beef soup and then adding anything I have floated around the refrigerator. Last week I did this with the last of a roast that I cooked a couple weeks ago + added beings, corn and other items I cannot remember right now.

I almost went to the market today and I would have had the weather been better. Colder temperatures and threats of rain kept me in the apartment. I worked out and totally entertain myself cutting bookmarks. I found that the boxes that my never ending catheters come in render great stock for bookmarks. This is a great process with my relatively new acquired long arm paper cutter. I really liked for 10 but I'm doing something culturally acceptable by manufacturing my bookmarks. I even listen to a “How To Draw” podcast or YouTube broadcast. I came across this guy who's a real artist type of guy and he's offering these basic free podcasts on how to draw and make art. He even has professionals from all around that it brings in for the broadcast is pretty cool I have to admit. I don't know if it'll teach me anything but certainly makes me motivated enough to get back into doing my own drawing and making bookmarks. The guy is out of New York City's and he's doing this mainly because he can't go out because of the spacing thing and Covid 13. What a great thing to do!

This kind of outgoing, altruistic behavior, seems to popping up all over which I think is a good thing. I don't know how long the last especially if these get really rough. I hope they don't not get really rough. I hope we seen the worst of this epidemic, as one of my friends suggests, I don't know how long this culture can go without random hugs of kindness…

No comments: