Friday, September 29, 2017

Come On Jocelyn…



I had just finished the coffee social yesterday – – that will get together down in the common room every Thursday morning – – and I just returned to my room with my coffee when my cell phone rang and it was Angie from the home health care agency I work with. Angie was calling me to ask if it would be permissible to have my home healthcare attendant to come in a different time than the established 4 to 5 that I had with Honey. As I've said many times I'm an old guy and I just want things to go the way disposed to. Honey had me controlled very well. We texted daily even when she was not scheduled to be over which was great because it gave us that connection or me that connectionWhich lets me know my world is going along just fine. If honey could not make her scheduled time she would call and advise me or text me and that's cool. If for some reason I was not going to be home at the time I would advise her we worked very well together.

Angie and I negotiated and it was decided that Jocelyn would come over today at 1 o'clock to do my program. This irritated me a little but not too much at least they called and that was a step in the right direction. And you guys may Jocelyn could come later or perhaps even earlier but 1 o'clock was okay. I kind of like that solution because it allowed me to get everything done in the middle of the day and still have time left over. So imagine my dismay when 1 o'clock came in no Jocelyn. I was okay till 20 after and I began to feel history repeating . By 130 I picked up the phone and call the agency. Angie was not available and I spoke with Kathy who seemed like a new voice to me she was very nice, we talked. I told her my caregiver was late and I was concerned and she told me she would call me back as soon as she found out what was going on. Kathy said she would call immediately the caregiver and find out what's going on. A few minutes passed and I got the call.. It seems like Jocelyn had run into a nitpicking, cantankerous senior who was making her late. Kathy told meJocelyn would beAs soon as she was finished with the senior. I informed Kathy that I did not want to get Joslin into any trouble but I was concerned about her being an hour late the first go round and now late again. Kathy seemed very anxious to keep me satisfied I almost thought she was going to refer me to another of their healthcare providers but I assured Kathy that I want to work with Joslin. I felt Joslin had great potential, at least for me, and would like to work with Joslin as long as I could knowing there would be some bumps at first but hopefully those bumps would even out as we worked together.


It was now almost 2 o'clock. Kathy assured me docile and would be there by 2:30 PM. At that time came and went in and around 245 Joslin came in. I was naked and ready I want to make sure I get my whole program in under an hour. Joslin apologized, not profusely, But believable. We actually did pretty good working together. I was most pleased with how quickly Joslin Seemed to wantto master the sling getting it on and off me. She also made my bed and helped me get dressed after the shower. We begin the process of getting to know each other. I found she was the oldest of six kids. She's Hispanic and her parents still live in Mexico. Her oldest child is three and Joslin is 25.. I sense, like so many caregivers in this industry, Joslin's had a rough life and is trying to make it. I will do what I can to help her make it which means having to be a little more patient I can do that..

No comments: