Monday, September 18, 2017

More: Wound Care and Collegian Prepping



I'm suffering with a wound on my butt. I should be in bed but I'm not. I'm sitting here waiting for the last few minutes before the home health person gets here. I wrote about her yesterday. Well I Texted her again this morning because the dressing she put on the wound yesterday came off during the night. I really believe the wound helped a lot yesterday and I didn't want to aggravate the wound by not having protection on the wound today. Tomorrow I have a viable presentation to make in the morning and I don't want to be sitting on a painful wound and aggravated the wound further. She put a great wound dressing on and now she's going over to shower me a few minutes and put a final dressing on that will last through till tomorrow… I hope.

Tomorrow I'm giving a presentation for one of my occupational therapists I had following my stenosis surgery. Amanda was great and she really really helped me. She is now teaching a physical therapy class at Salt Lake Comunity College And am pleased that she's asked me to come in lecture one of her classes. No little daunted however I found out the class was a two-hour class which is a lot of stuff to talk about. I was a little intimidated but I think I can do it the lecture. What I plan to do is basically do a life history from the point of accident until now. I mulled this over this morning while laying in bed. I wished I had more time to prepare now. I could've used images which would've greatly assisted in the presentation. I don't think I have time to put adequate image gathering together but it's something to think about should I choose to do this project again. What I intend to do now though is break my life in the 10 year segments. Therefore mid-sixties, 70s, 80s, 90s and the 2000's. I would greatly like to focus on Not only myself but what was going on with the disabled movement at the same time that I was going through time. I think I should be able to eke out the time if I follow this format. I need to do tonight is to flesh out the skeleton.


Honeys been over and has given me a great shower And she also redressed my wounds. I sure hope this works. We use the highly pervious recall new skin tape. Dianne found this tape and it certainly helped in the past. His hope that works for the next couple days. I'm really busy right now with presentations and meetings. I was kind feeling sorry for myself last night and I was talking to one of my friends and mentioned that as have any skin issues and they said that was a problem many friends with disabilities are going through right now in the Salt Lake area. They mentioned that two of the folks I know have significant wounds. This revelation did not necessarily make me feel better just made it feel that I was not alone in my struggle. I've had these kind of wounds before and I have always bounced back. In fact Dianne has always said I heal extremely well I hope she's right.

No comments: