Saturday, September 16, 2017

Friends and Writers



I wish I'd had the where-withal to take an image of us yesterday. Yesterday was another gathering of the writers Guild, that club of three riders which meet couple times a year to talk about each other, examine some of the work we've been doing hopefully and basically just touch base and make sure everyone's okay.I don't quite remember how long we've been meeting but I would think you'd be fair to say decades. Before writing tonight I searched this journal/blog and found five or six references to the writers Guild. I guess I tend to write about us every time we meet. I even have one image of us posting altogether. I wish I had more especially since we have aged so and I think it would be great to show the difference between years. I love those compilation images over time.

We met around 11 at the village Inn not far from where I live, this is a service done for me Since I do not drive but then again Lori does not drive either but they do meet here for me. I've told them a number of times that we could meet anywhere that UTA services but still they elect to me that the VI upon the corner. We gathered at 11 o'clock to avoid the lunch crowd it was a good meeting. We laughed and we joked and we truly enjoyed each other's company. We talked a little bit about writing actually we talked a lot about writing. Lori talked about her job which is teaching writing and coaching writing and Jerry of course is the writer who still does writing for a living. The crew is kind not to really visit writing on me too much since I probably do the least of the group. Lori is shopping around the place is written and I think she's having some good luck with that. Jerry seemed busy on trying to get the group together to go somewhere for an overnight someplace like a Shakespeare Festival, a play opening or maybe our own little writing retreat. I had to confess that would be difficult for me with my needs anymore. That certainly did not take the air out of his sails without maybe Lori and he get away sometime even if I could not. That's okay that's where I met these days. I can get away for a couple of days if it's one of those two day intervals between my suppository and shower. There's still the issue of getting in and out of bed which I tried to explain to them would be near impossible for one person to do. Taking care of me could be a possibility for Jerry and Lori if they both were willing to take me on. I don't know if they could shower me let alone toilet me. I would let them I just don't know if they would be ready for that. It would be a lot of work and perhaps a lot of fun. It would still be the issue of transportation but boy what a trip that would be.


The gathering lasted two hours, a strong two hours and we broke up because Lori had to go to work. Jerry picked up the tab key's been doing that a lot lately. I should fight him more for the tab but I don't. In fact yesterday I disappeared into the bathroom for an inordinate amount of time trying to cath. I finally achieved the task but of course when I came back to the table it was cleaned of any evidence a grand meeting had taken place between friends and writers.

No comments: