Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Skool Daze


There's nothing more provocative or intriguing, at least twice for me, then be in on the bus or train full of kids returning to school. Today, Tuesday, of course was my Assist day. Like normal, I motored into my train station at the IHC hospital. At first I couldn't sense what was happening all I could feel was a low tension and a lot of young people. Some of the young people were in colorful new clothes. and others were more grunge. Then it dawned on me, of course, high school and college kids returning to class. It's the day after Labor Day and school is in session. Thankfully, the train was not totally packed as it has been at times. However there was a definite electricity in the air and already you could see the different camps on the train platform. Kind of interesting.

I envy these people and wish that I was contemplating such an autumnal, adventure. Once again I made a halfhearted attempt to get myself into Salt Lake community college for sketching course this semester but never got the task completed. I was defeated by red tape and technology. I so much would love to have a person walked me through the process and I still may have to resort on that option if I ever do get my art class. I guess now I could launch an assault On this bastion of higher Ed but just can't get motivated now. I don't know if it's fear or just “Process exhaustion”. As much as I'd like to get into a art course even if just to audit the just can't see myself attended an art class on a regular basis. I know there are other options out there – – there has to be other options. I have heard that there is one across the street from the apartment complex at the senior center but for some reason I don't trust that option. There is also the idea I could take advantage of the community education programs and they do have our courses and of course I would have to actually pay real money for that, which I would do but then again most of those programs are in the evening and I just don't know how much of my travel After Dark especially when the temperatures begin to fall. But you hear me I'm just making excuses and that's quite pathetic. Truth is possibly/probably unafraid to succeed because I know I can do art, make marks on paper in the smarts make me happy I just want something that will force me into making marks and perhaps better marks than I'm making now when actually do make marks on paper.


I love seeing these kids on my train today. Such pluck and naive courage by sheer will and strength of youth these young legions will go up against the first foothills of real-life as they challenge and do battle in the academic arena of higher education. Some if not many will follow on the side for a host of reasons and yet some if not many will make it through to the next arena of life. Good luck to all my kind of envy where you're at but that's just kind of…

No comments: