Saturday, September 23, 2017

My Buddy Stephen

Blog 092317 – – Saturday

I wish I had gotten an image of Stephen when use here tonight helping me with my apartment. For the first time since I've lived at these apartments I went up and knocked on Steven's door. I was kind of desperate in a bizarre turn of events I actually cried the arm of my chair off. Luckily for me the arm basically stayed in place because on the front of the arm is supposed that goes down the hooks into the body of the chair.. At the rear of the arm is a swivel which allows the arm to be lifted up and out of the way for transfers and such. It's a safety device that allows the arm to freely breakaway when too much pressure is applied to that joint. The remedy is easy one just lists the arm and aligns the the rod up with the receiver and other wheelchair. The two pieces snapped together and add is that I'm free to go on my way. There was a time just one time that I've been able to do the maneuver myself. Jim the resident assistant here has done the fix other times but he's no longer here is on the road I don't think we'llever See Jim again. When the arm detaches from the chair like that I can gimp around kind of but But I'll be very hard pressed to be able to transfer in the bed and even worse out of bed without they arm to cling onto.

Coincidentally Stephen lives directly above me. I remember checking with him right after I moved in to see if the noise levels inokay my apartment bothered him. He said he was unaware that I was doing anything noisy. Stephen must be in his 70s easy.. Stephen I she looks kind of frail. He takes great efforts in his appearance he always dresses neatly to shorter wearing a tie. Early on I began to rely on Stephen and his mourning rituals which always has them up about 4:30 AM to the bathroom. Stephen is consistent. I sort of steered a wide path around the man when I first met him seemed a bit religious fanatical. I figured I could and mutilate the conversation well enough to stay away from deep in ecclesiastical discussions. Early on I realized he had a fascination with the weird and bizarre. Not that kind of weird and bizarre but the kind that is intrigued with time travel, conspiracies and radio and Internet shows exploring these issues. These are areas of interest to me actually as well. But the material interests me but the individual who follows material even more.. My late neighbor, Albert was much like this.

I really needed to repair the arm of my chair and I figured I had no further option but to contact my neighbor upstairs. Balancing myself in the chair trying to drive my chair with its crippled arm I made my way up to his room/apartment knocked on the door nothing. I knocked on the door again and finally it creaked open with just his head poking out saying that but he was indisposed but would come down in a few minutes. I returned to my apartment just as I was getting to my unit was saying my neighbor across the hall poked his head out. José speaks very little English but he has a big heart and actually I got him to attach the arm back to my chair. I felt bad that Stephen was still coming down by figures but the heck I'll have them look to my foot pedal which also need help.


But a half hour later there's a knock on the door and that Stephen. As always dress like he's going out on the town. He came in and I informed him that I had the problem fixed but good enough help me with my foot pedals which he did but then he looked around my apartment specimen kitchen and noted I need a severe help.. Stephen helped.. He swept the floor in the kitchen then moved to the living area and swept the rug. The place million times better we talked. Stephen says we need each other, the universal we. He said he wants to help out again sometime in the apartment needs it he will drop by. Stephen looks frail and I worry about him. And I need help and he is willing so I'm willing And that's all I need to say.

No comments: