Monday, September 25, 2017

The Only Constant Is Change



It's funny how I take things for granted even when I know better. Nothing lasts And especially nothing good, this concept is a tenet of my cynical self. Yet when things get comfortable I get comfortable and that little sucker punch gets wound up and ready to strike. At least today I got a little bit of forewarning. It's Monday which means it's my program day, the day when Honey, my health care provider person comes in and does my program and my shower. She comes in three days a week Monday Wednesday and Friday. She comes in for an hour and these days are most special to me – – the showers important but not as important as the program which is a glorified term for toileting or pooping. She does both tasks excellently. If I were rich out have a command four times a week may be even more but I'm self-pay which means that pay as I go this is an covered by insurance or anything so three measly hours a week.


Today Honey Let me know She may not be here on Wednesday. It seems she's having a disagreement with management. She is given management and ultimatum and if they do not concur she's out of there. Honey, can be a big talker sometimes that's okay I let her do that, be a big talker because she gives. such excellent service. I'm sure she has a point the working person always good has. Today it was something to do with people hire just recently getting more hours to work than she is and she desperately needs the hours. I don't know how closely reality mirrors what she thinks but to me that's not the point in my selfish view I see a life without Honey which, frightens me. Honey and I have a unique understanding. We genuinely like each other's company. She takes direction excellently. She goes above and beyond the call. Even better she knows how to bandage my butt and how to keep an eye on my butt to make sure decubitus sores do not escalate and get out-of-control.. Even better she's willing to come serve me anytime day or night when I need her even though it may not be my scheduled time and day. She will even come and do a wound dressing and not charge. I am uncomfortable if not frightened to have to break in a new person. I suppose I can do it this happened to me with Honey . Honey was a replacement for somebody else who I thought would be difficult to replace but then again that person could only service me twice before. Honey came on the service me like gangbusters. So I guess that's what will happen if the worst-case scenario comes to pass.. I will just have to break in somebody else. I'll just have to go through the whole awkward phase of getting to know the person and teaching that person how to service me an almost the most intimate ways of home health services. I can do this I did before and I can do it again… Yeah just keep to telling myself that over and over and over again

No comments: