Sunday, September 24, 2017

Tom G


.I'm amazed every time I hear stories of parents taking schools are teachers and schools to court for child abuse when these folks physically discipline their students. I'll bet at this point in time all across this country no students are physically punished. Don't get me wrong I'm not so conservative to think that all kids need to be physically punished and school and I agree I think that I was probably physically punished more than was needed.. However I also realized that my parents gladly gave carte blanche to the public school where ever I was at to do whatever they felt was necessary to keep me in line.

In my grade school, campus elementary, the sixth grad was made up of two classes. Mr. Warr and Mr. Kuntz. Mr. Kuntz was my sixth grade teacher. Mr. Warr was like the big music teacher in everyday we would go to Mr. Warr's class For music and Mr. Kuntz would take Mr. Warrs class out for PE.

I sat in the front row of the class, and Mr. Warr's class. The desk was directly behind the piano. I like this because it felt gave me radical anonymity,, not that I had anything to hide but it just felt comfortable. A good friend of mine named Tom G., Was interesting to say the least. On this day as usual We filed in and took our desks. We were singing a song, I remember perfectly Asham was a tootling Turk., Or just The Tooting Turk. Thomas goofing off making a noise over and over again that sounded like Pffft and I was just trying to sing and not pay attention to Tom's antics. All of a sudden, there was a smashing of all the keys it sounded like in Mr. Warr stood up leaned over the piano And started hitting me with clenched fists! It didn't hurt, not really, I was just shocked I couldn't figure out what it happened in fact, When the old man took a break I screamed “what was that for” and then he started all over again. I have to admit I was kind of freaked. I don't know what happened after that I don't remember or blocked it out. I think we just went back to the singing as if nothing had happened. I wasn't sent to the office, no one sat down talk to me I don't think Mr. Kuntz ever knew. It was just a weird experience of my life as a kid.

But all this is really leading up to was the fact that just out of the blue couple weeks ago I put a announcement out on Facebook that if anybody knew what happened to Tom to let me know. I want to get some reinforcement or validity that this event actually happened and was not something I made up. And then Friday I got greetings from Tom! I was blown away. I had not been online When Tom posted his message and have not been able to make contact with Tom sense. I'm looking forward to asking him if he remembers that iincident. I was surprised to find the actual song online it is as follows:
Composer: Richard Berg
Lyrics:
Asham was a tootin’ Turk; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
Let his wife do all the work; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
He played away, Tootle, ootle, oo-doo, Ev’ry day, Tootle, ootle, oo-doo,
Asham was a tottin’ Turk; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
Asham’s wife was smart as you; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
So she learned to tootle too; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
She played away, tootle, ootle oo-doo, Ev’ry day, tootle, ootle, oo-doo,
Asham’s wife was smart as you; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
Any day duets you hear; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
Asham and his wifey dear; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
They play away, Tootle, ootle, oo-doo, Ev’ry day, tootle, ootle, oo-doo,
Any day duets you hear, Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
Now his task he doesn’t shirk; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
Helps his wife do all the work; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
They play away, Tootle, ootle, oo-doo; Ev’ry day, tootle, ootle, oo-doo,
Now his task he doesn’t shirk; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
It’s the truth that tootin’s fun; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
When your daily work is done; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.
So play away, Tootle, ootle, oo-doo, Ev’ry day, tootle, ootle, oo-doo,
Asham was a tootin’ Turk; Tootle, ootle, doo, tootle, oo-doo-doo.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember singing this song in elementary school. Funny it popped into my brain at 70 years old!!

Anonymous said...

Where can I find a recording of this song?