Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Three Hours Plus Under The Drill



Today I had my root canal and a little bit of other work. Had not been dreading this moment nor had I particularly been looking forward to the dental work. The dental work had To be done I knew that. I also knew if I did not have this work done I would be terribly sorry late some night,Holiday weekend… Decide to go nova reducing me to arriving pile of flesh In my bed or in my wheelchair. Oddly enough over the past decade I have grown to not dread the dental experience as I had done over the major portion of my life ever since that day in Dr. Frogly's office when I brought my tiny jaws down on his fingers after which he gently lifted me from the chair and took me out to my mother and informed her she needed to find a new dentist for me as I was never coming into his office again.. So it's nice to know site operations I hardly hear anything I used to. So I sat under the trail for three hours this morning almost 4 while my new dentist performed a root canal, and to build up getting ready for a crown and another procedure. It was hard work for him and for me but I think harder for him. I like this guy I think This bDentist is going to work for me. Is better than Drew Luke and I basically liked Drew.

Maybe it is because this doctor is younger than but I can't believe that would influence me. The new Dr. has some quirks is somewhat irritating but not too bad. I think that is really likes working on spinal cord injuries at least on me. If I did not know any better I would say is a frustrated MD. However, he does his profession proud in the way he administers his skills. This dentist gave me numerous injections in vast quantities of nitrous oxide. We waited to make sure all chemicals for taking the righteous do in making me impervious to drilling in picking. The dentist was quite sensitive And his assistant were quite sensitive to my body language. I especially liked the part where every time I would spasm or clinch she would begin massaging my arm, which of course did not do anything but maybe feel good and maybe that was all part of the project..

When immediate appointment I was scheduled for two hours in the chair.. My appointment started 730 and I felt I would be done by 930 easy. I figured I would be okay. I drain my bladder, I thought pretty significantly, before I left the apartment. I had a light breakfast digested very little liquid but still going into the third hour of the operation I have to pee. Bear in mind, is proud of myself, for having actually transferred from my power chair to the dental chair. I'm not done this for years opting to have the dental work done while sitting in my power chair with my chair leaned back. I was hoping I can hold my bladder until we were finished but that was not in the cards. The dental team actually gave me the option of finishing today's work without completing all we wanted to do so I get home to an accessible bathroom. But I said no I would avoid/drain and get everything done today that we could. And for the first time I cathed in the dentist's chair with his help. Seriously with his help..


About 20 minutes later I was finished, for today. I'm back in the chair next Thursday at 8 AM for more drilling A good times.

No comments: