Monday, September 04, 2017

Labor Day In the Park – – 2017



It's Labor Day and that doesn't mean a whole lot to me especially since I no longer work or at least am employed full-time or part-time. Having said that though I did wake up feeling like today was a holiday and it felt good. I was even minorly excited. When Mark and the family left last evening after spending, I think, a significant amount of time working on my apartment they indicated they would come over in the morning, today and we could go to breakfast. Wow, truly sounds like good times. 

We went to breakfast At the village in just On the corner from my apartment across the street. It's an easy access point for me and I have a lot of my lunch is there that I have lunch with people. Either there are cross the street at the Dee's restaurant. I like Dee's but have not been very impressed with the last couple meals that I've gotten there. Dee's for me seemed to build more formal dining as opposed to a village Inn. But I like village Inn (V I) even more so after today.

We're supposed to meet at the VI at 10 o'clock for breakfast. The little late for me but the time worked well for me today. Last night was pretty strange in the respect that at 4:10 AM I was awake listening to someone caught in the middle of a verbal tirade over at the skate park which is part of the bigger part across from my apartments. All manners of profane or coming out of this individual's mouth, he sounded out of control, he sounded like an convict or an ex-con or someone you don't want to meet anywhere at any time. He seemed to ranted on for 10 minutes off and on, I was hoping he was going to stop as I desperately want to get back to sleep. Then suddenly I heard Bam, Bam followed by four more choose one Bam's. Clearly the noise weapon fire and I was too startled to really do anything. I'm sure it was a pistol, and I'm sure it was an automatic judging by how quick the last four reports were. I lay there stunned not knowing what to do. I thought about calling the police but I wasn't sure – – actually I just didn't do anything which is an excusable. I should've gotten up but I didn't want to, I was too tired and I knew that if I'd gotten up then I would not get back to sleep no matter what. I continually promised myself that I will get the local police department or fire department programmed into my cell phone but have not yet. I always think I'm going to do this so I can speed dial the place when I hear them skateboarding late into the night and all through the morning hours of night time. But I laid there for some time but did not hear any emergency vehicles and then around 5 o'clock 530 I heard the first of the skateboarders begin to use the skate park. I rationalized my inactivity and actually complicity to the crime and not getting involved, when I heard the skateboarders begin their activity knowing had that been a crime scene that event to which you will take for the idiots to skateboard. This afternoon I queried a number of the residents here at the apartment complex had they heard gunfire are weapon fire early this morning and so far none have all saying they were heavy sleepers. One of the neighbors here suggested maybe the individual just fired rounds into the air I hope that was the case. This is a rough territory I'm not that naïve to believe it's not.

The guys came over and unloaded my dishwasher which was nice than later on when they left I went over to the park into the broadcast on Facebook. Trying to put a link to the top of this page. Southeast Islanders on one end of the park Hispanics on the other end both playing music which was significantly amplified. It was really nice they remind me of the Chicago song.

No comments: