Wednesday, September 13, 2017

This Well Hurt Just A little…


It was great. I got up, got dressed had a little breakfast, went out across the street and I was at my dentist's office. I love being able to see my dentist's office from my apartment. My dentist has been in this office for about 25 years. A lot of his staff have been there that long as well as well as his office manager is his wife and they're all nice people. I get a good feeling just sitting in the office. My appointment was at 9 o'clock and I hung outside the building until 830 when I decided to go in and start the process. There's nothing ostentatious about the office at all it is all down to earth. The place is comfortable however you can imagine them actually closing the office on Wednesday night and having Thanksgiving dinner the following day. Not that that has happened, but the kind of place where that could happen.

When I got there all the chairs, dental chairs were filled . Dental cleanings are going on and dental work was going on. The offices kind of open which I thought was quaint. In fact the x-ray machine to be shared between two offices which I thought was ingenious. We played musical chairs for a minute or two trying to get me into a space that I could lower my chair. The first thing we had to do was get x-rays of my mouth. They had this really cool machine which actually circumnavigated my head taking pictures of my mouth. This was accomplished by taking the head rest off my chair lowering my chairThen lowering the back even further allowing the x-ray ring smooth sailing all the way around.

The reason I made this appointment was because I've noticed the cavity next to the dental work the previous dentist had done couple months ago. There is actually some pain associated with this cavity which drove me into the dentist. I frame is figured that tooth would be worked on was not ready for what else the guy found. There is some major cavity action going on with some of my teeth. The dentist actually seemed a bit perplexed that true look had not seen some of these other issues which I guess where fairly blatant. I must admit however Andrew Luke's defense that any time I went to Drew Luke for services it was often because of emergency needs like a broken tooth, a feeling which Had fallen out or just handwringing pain. Perhaps Drew Luke was seen some of these issues had I gone in for regular six-month checkups and the cleanings – – I am such an idiot.

This intervention is going to cost and this intervention is going to cost a lot. I have to admit they were very cool about the whole thing. The wife was also the office manager was really great at explaining the costs and options we could consider. I really appreciated the time she spent with me figuring out how to manage the financial outlay. Looks like going to start with three or four payments of $208 each. Over four months. This will allow the major pieces of work to be finished as well as a problem with has to be built up tooth wise. There will be more work to be done that way less intensive than what we will start with next week which is the root canal. I was pleased to hear that Dr. Anderson does all this kind of work in-house so I won't have to go to the Endodontist has Drew Luke had me do.


I think I am in good hands.I think I can do this financially and I appreciate the dentist and the dentists wife working with me as much as they have. This all gives me great hope. And the best part can get there in two minutes from my back apartment door.

No comments: