Saturday, November 25, 2017

A Messiah Song



I know I have a copy of the Messiah, Handel's Messiah. My copy of the Messiah as one might prized possessions though I rarely let anyone know this. I have loved Messiah all my life not only the hallelujah chorus but other significant pieces of the musical. I like to believe I understand the German version but I don't though I'm pretty good at faking it. For years I've wanted to be part of a Messiah Sing in, ever since I heard of such things. In fact that's what led me to purchase my copy of the Messiah in hopes that one day I would be one of the voices – – though common,just one of the masses – – I want to be part of the jubilant crowd that makes a joyful noise this Christmas season.

I think I know where my copy of the Messiah is. The copy is wedged in between a number of paperbacks on the lower shelf of my library which of course I cannot access independently. I'm pretty sure that is where it was the last time I sawI saw the piece. The only person I feel secure enough to ask the search for the music is Stephen J. Who lives upstairs. The price of using his assistance would be fairly hard. I would have to endure possibly hours of discussions of ecclesiastical nature focusing on local population traditions and myths. Enough said regarding Stephen and my discussions. I will be blogging more about these in days to come. I wish to stay focused on my main point right now and that is where the hell is my copy of the Messiah?

Tonight at Abravenal hall, downtown Salt Lake all of the Utah Symphony be hosting the sing in. I don't know why but this came as a bit of a shock. My first heard about Messiah ins they were just a group of folks who loved handles music game together to sing and enjoy the experience. There is no cost it was just to show up to your and you usually have to have your music but easily could share with the people next to you. That would've been great that's the way I wish the event was handled now. Now the sing in is now a more or less elitist function. It is hosted by the local symphony and is most likely a fundraiser. I was hoping the event of the sometime during the day making my participation a bit easier however it looks to me as both nights event starts at 7 o'clock in the evening. It looks pretty fancy from what I can tell from YouTube accounts of past seasons. I don't have a problem dressing up a little for the sing in but having to dress up snazzy wazzy just too much for me to consider. Besides, have not yet found my copy of the music.


I have clothes in the wash been granted it's on the last cycle of the dryer but with no condition to head downtown tonight at 6 o'clock with the whole thing starting in an hour. They will be doing it again tomorrow night at 7 PM if I'm feeling better and have found my music maybe I will attend. It is truly one of the things I would like to do before I die so you can say it's a bucket list item

No comments: