Sunday, November 19, 2017

Last Spam Standing


Yesterday when I went to the market forgot to get any grapes. I've always liked grapes but recentlyI have really gotten into grapes last year and a half to two years. I like to have the grapes surround To snack on or to use in desserts one of my favorite desserts is just great and cottage cheese simple yet elegant. I've gotten fairly discriminating as to what kind of great that I will purchase. I do a lot of grape nabbing when picking my grapes. Grape nabbing is what I call testing the grapes I intend to purchase. I want a grape which is almost crunchy.

As I was trolling up and down the aisles at the market looking for other items I think I might need for this Thanksgiving week I noticed the canned meats. I cannot believe spam was $2.99 and that's on sale! Spam was a staple of our home diet when I was a kid. It was the closest thing we got to hand or bacon. I'll have to check my blog histories to see if I've written about the pork ban my father had decreed on our household. If I haven't one day I will write to this fascinating piece of history. Suffice it to say we did not eat meat Unless that meat came from a beast who had split hoof, chewed its cud and nursed its young. I made a mental note to come back and get five or 10 cans of Spam. I'm running low.

I noticed this morning when I was considering breakfast that I only had one can left of my beloved Spam. This can of spam is the last can of spam given me at my retirement. But my boss organized my retirement party she had a suggested that anyone coming should bring a can of spam as she knew my fondness for that product. And surprisingly people did just that something brought two and three cans. I was sitting pretty. I've eaten meat products sparingly over the years and now I have one can and I noticed a month ago when I was checking expiration dates of my canned goods that this spam can is three years past its date. I was somewhat shocked when I noticed to three cans of Spam past their dates of best use a couple months ago. So I been trying to eat them more regularly than usual. I did not want to lose these items as I'm done with other items I recently checked.


I like to have meet with my breakfast or should I say my weekend breakfasts as possible. Many times I forgot this pleasure because I don't have the time or well to do a production like that. With spam, I like to cut the little block of meat and a little spam steaks which I will then eat the next couple of days either on sandwiches, diced and scrambled eggs are with an egg sandwich. You can do 1 million things to spam. I noticed or have noticed spam like everything else is trying to outdo itself. Now you get barbecued spam, cheese in spam, And three or four other spam choices. I've tried some of them and to me they do not carry the weight just as normal spam this is especially true with the spam lite. If I am going to eat spam I want the original And only the original will do.

No comments: