Friday, November 03, 2017

My Caffeinated Corridor


There is a void in my house kind of a mini black hole. I guess most homes have one. That event where socks, shoes, pens and everything seems to get sucked into time to time. My void seems to act over time. I have a whole Ziploc bag of zipper-pulls that has been missing for nine months. The void drives me crazy.

Today I cannot find the coffee filters. I have a half a bag of filters that should be readily available. I know I have them I just cannot find them and I've looked for them, my home health professional, Dana has look for them but the filters could be found. Luckily, I'm not someone who goes crazy Just because I don't have my morning coffee. Still it would be nice to have some coffee I was dragging this morning I don't know why I seem to have gotten pretty decent sleep – – I just think it was my coffee dependency. When I went to get my mail I remembered yesterday and got the Taylorsville Journal, the local rag. I can estimate and noted there was a coupon for a free cup of coffee Over at Hidden Valley coffee roasters which is actually directly across the street from my back door. I've purchased coffee beans at hidden Valley and I've had them grind the beans for me as well. They are expensive as all private industries go. They are quaint little operation not quite as Pretentious and Starbucks but they have they have a nice ambiance when I go over there.

I was pleased there is no problems with the coupon. I got my 12 ounce coffee, Italian roast, really want to buy a bag of coffee but I did not need to. Since I purchased the can of ground coffee last week. The coffee is just basic and does not give me great pleasure but it's something to chug down in the morning And then sip on the rest of the day. I was kind of hoping that Hidden Valley would have coffee filters but they did not. I migrated around the coffee shop admiring the heaps of coffee in what looked to be 100 pound burlap sacks. I bulldozed my way through tables to the bulletin board where announcements, business cards and menus to the senior center launches which I thought was kind of strange. I nursed my coffee sitting next to Table of ladies past their prime but not necessarily old. I enjoy the conversations and envied them having a group to have coffee on a cloudy morning in Taylorsville Utah.


For some reason I did not want to go all the way down to the market for the coffee filters and hoped against hope that the polygamist store would have some. I wandered into the True Value and totally enjoyed the experience of being in this counterculture markets. But no coffee filters there so on to Fresh Markets and coffee filters which I had to wait around like it's like somebody to get them off the top shelf. I'm sure now that I've made the purchase my other coffee filters will surface to avoid no longer having reason to torment me. I bought a pack of 40 which should last a significant amount of time time enough to wait out the void.

No comments: