Saturday, November 11, 2017

I'm Okay


So far today has been less painful than yesterday but I may be speaking too soon it is nearly 7 o'clock and all of a sudden my pain is beginning to return but that's okay though I have had a full day of enjoyment through and around the apartment some kind of except for short strip trip to the market. There have been some hints of pain but not like yesterday. I just wanted to bring the reader up to date following yesterday's painful entry..

I did however take my advice And worked through my pain. I took my wash down to the laundry and started the machine. On Thursday I purchased three movies at the West Jordan library for a dollar each! There good movies too: Lucy, I am legend and the King's Men all pretty good movies Even though I had seen them. These are the kind Of movie I will watch over and over if given the opportunity. However I got sidetracked On one of my trips down to check my watch and join the conversation at the front of the building.


Many times in the evening other apartment folks congregate in the big overstuffed chairs and visit. Last night he was this little old ladyWho sits out in the lobby every night until 9 o'clock and then shuts the blinds on the Windows. She does not have to do this she just does in she is comfortable with a joke among some of the other residents. They feel that she is becoming demented which I doubt but still. Last Night They Jimmy joined us. In truth I was not really going to sit very long I was on my way back to the movie, which I paused. Jim was almost 80 which is hard to believe. He's large, muscular for a man his age. He works out daily. I may have written about him briefly. He always has a copy of the Wall Street Journal. And started his back pocket I'm always impressed. Jimmy is from New York Actually Brooklyn and he sounds like it. He had fascinating stories to tell. He was in New York City today the towers fell. He had friends with the fire department lost their lives when the towers crumbled. He went and helped on that tragic day at Ground Zero I was totally impressed. If you know Jimmy you know that's exactly what he would do. Jim is very quiet he helps out for wherever Jimmy can. He spends a lot of time during the week volunteering next door at the food bank, unloading trucks carrying groceries out to the cars but stays out of the way. He even asked if he can help me I have not asked for assistance yet but I might. He's been difficult to get To know. At first blush it seems standoffish and gruff. Jim is going deaf which is sad but certainly there's a lot of issues as far as his moods are concerned. I soon realized Jimmy comes down at night just to sit with as little old lady so she does not have to sit alone guarding the Windows her way of being useful.

No comments: