Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Out After Dark


I'm going to do it! I'm scared but I'm going to do it going to go to a screening tonight down at the Salt Lake City public library. Of course am going to have to take the bus and the train to get there which is no problem. That's not what I'm concerned with what I am concerned with is getting back. Anyone who knows public transit knows that many bus lines or routes tend to evaporate as the night gets older. Even the routes that do not evaporate run slower than ways so there is the possibility waiting perhaps a long time to get the last bus out of town. I think I'm okay. I have checked the two main routes I use from the Murray Central Station which is Route 47 and Route 54. I'm hoping I can get to Murray Central by the times they leave for the last run.

Right now I'm seriously leaning towards Route 54. Route 54 with the latest of the two routes. The only problem is that the last one is like 10:41 PM meaning I'm probably going to have to wait at least an hour for that bus but, at least I know that bus will be there. If I can fortune I can get to Murray Central in time for the last Route 47 even better. Actually, it might even be more advantageous to make the time and take the 54.I can then pick 217 and that bus will drop me off right at the back door to my apartment complex. I just have to open the secret gate and I'm home! This would be advantageous if not ideal were not having to wait for really long times for these bus routes. One of the rest goes to one hour headways which means only one must an hour and you better be sure to be there when it gets there. The other advantage of route 54 is that the bus drops me off at Redwood Road and 5400 S. I then only have to travel north about four or five blocks to get to my apartment. This isn't such a big deal really even after dark. Redwood Road as well lit and the sidewalks are in good shape. There is no rain or snow forecast for tonight. And seriously, the very worst case scenario would be having to call Ute Cab. True, it would be expensive as hell but doable. After all I worth it.


I've talked for whatever about being all want to be part of the nightlife activities in the Salt Lake area. So this is going to be a test run. If I can pull this off and feel comfortable about depending on bus routes and depending on my power chair I could be doing a lot more interesting and fun things after dark along the Wasatch front. Now, having said this, I'm not sure how this would play out when the snow comes if the snow ever does come. I'm not sure what else I would do take advantage of this new level of confidence. I can do the Messiah Sing-in Then it's just a matter of what to wear.

No comments: