Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Ruckus

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, indoor and outdoor


I had to be at the state Capitol today at 1:30 PM I didn't make it. We were told that the state capital 1:30 PM to be part of a rally/demonstration against particular legislator here in Utah which is against Medicaid expansion. Again I do not understand a great deal of time on political diatribe but sufficient to say people with disabilities myself included if anything it More funding! People with disabilities do not need less funding when trying to survive. There is one particular legislator who has some power and can change this issue for the good but is chosen not to. DRAC of course wants to change his mind.

My day started late very late. I stayed up until midnighttexting with my friend Lori. We knocked around midnight. I went to bed and slept, not well, but okay waking up many times to use the catheter to drain. My bed is broken, yes I know the great destroyer strikes again, and I cannot do what I usually do as I usually have done. It was a long night by I actually got in seven hours of sleep which is not so bad. My goal this morning was to contact the people who actually constructed a bad and find out what I need to do to correct the problem. Last night my brother Carl came over and looked at the problem with the images and send them to me which I was going to use to send to the manufacturers. I figure this be something I could get done quickly and be on my way out to catch the bus as in trains I need to get the capital building by 1:38 PM – – no problem right? Well I should know better after all over 60 I know how these things work. I talked about seven or eight people and getting the part ordered. I sent images, talk to service reps, I got documents I had to sign take pictures of consent back then purchase the equipment I needed for $315 plus $20 shipping. The $20 shipping is like overnight shipping.


I found out in the course of the call that somehow I had gotten the lower something caught between the bed and the mechanism which raises the top of the bed causing The plastic housing the piston to break. This is so typical of me so repair will not fall under warranty. The place I called wasALCO products. This is a giant organization. I spoke to all kinds of people finally getting to where it needs to go but after 45 minutes to an hour I more or less got the part ordered. Now as you see if the party failed and it rectifies the problem. The reason I relate this story is that now I only had about an hour and a half to get to the state capital. As I said I was very late. But the time I finally rolled into the hearing room it was like 2:30 PM. They did not say that this was a committee meeting of the legislature. I have been much later not have any problem. These guys talked and talked and talked not really coming to any conclusion and towards the end of that discussion our leader started to protest a chat which we all joined in and filed out of the room. Kind of silly but it was felt that's what it will take. Of course the legislator we needed was not there he never is from what I understand. They were pleased that I showed up even late. Tomorrow really go after the legislator at that person's office again, it is doubtful we will store it will certainly make a ruckus just the same. Tomorrow I'm going to leave at 10 o'clock and hang out at the cafeteria just to make sure I'm early for the ruckus.

No comments: