Monday, November 06, 2017

Pizza Surprise


On Saturday i purchased a roast, a big roast by the name of Chuck. Chuck was a big guy 2.2 pounds Chuck cost me 11 bucks. I purchased Chuck at the Walmart just up the street. The meat looks good. Than the stuff over at First Market and at least as good as the protein over at Harmon's. I should check that Harmon's but that's across the street and that's a lot of work at the time of night that I was at Walmart. On Sunday I decided to cook the meat.

The chuck roast Is the same the Cut . of meat we used to call A blade roast. The flat piece of meat usually around 2 inches maybe a shade more. The piece I got was marbled kind of excited to cook the roast. I decided I would use one of the bags I had in the closet. I know it's a sad way to cook but I like it. The roast was pretty squarely. In fact I dropped it while trying to put the roast in the bag. Luckily the roast do not touch the floor it was well ensconced in the bag. I then added an envelope Lipton's onion soup mix. I love what the Lipton's dry soup does To the taste of the item being roasted our current. So it was no surprise to me that when I was nearly finished that I got call from Mark Anthony wanted to drop by with my granddaughter Jasmine for short visit. Just like the week before when Gail brought over four or five good sized slabs of Meatloaf, just after I made my own meatloaf, Mark brought over the last piece of pizza that he and Jasmine had for dinner. Mark of course one of me to eat the piece and then, a nice piece of pepperoni pizza. But I definitely put him off citing I would like to be secure overnight so I can have it for breakfast nothing I like better than cold pizza for breakfast. Mark Anthony understood.

I can buy pizza if I wanted to just a little too dangerous for me because I see pizza being a bad guy when it comes to weight gain. I really have nothing to baseline conclusion on but something that tastes as good as pizza which is 70% at least bread can't really help with weight control. l lovingly put the piece aside..

I grew up in a home that really rarely went out to eat. However, mom did not have a problem with making pizza and often on a Friday night we might have homemade pizzas. Mom used a lot of pizzas in a box. Essentially we made the pizza. I kind of wished we had around pizza pans thought that would've been so cool. But, we use the flat cookie pans and stretched the dough nicely in the corners. I don't remember making anything but hamburger pizza. I think I would've remembered Canadian bacon or ham (we did eat pork of any kind). I think they would've thought spam been a waste of good meat on toy for and besides I don't think spam would've made it for me on pizza. However we do have lots of onions, close and cheese. In the next three or four hands of pizza and not for the night and of course the morning-after.

The first thing I did this morning was the head in the kitchen and make the coffee. On my way I snatched the pizza and wolfed the pizza down Thankful there's just the one piece and I would gladly gone for two or three and I don't need that. Because of Mark's generosity I now have roast for the week.It's great to have something to look forward to.



No comments: